FirstDirect App Support for Windows 10 Mobile..

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the firstDirect app didn't work on my new Lumia 950 XL, so I emailed FirstDirect. This is their response:

10-Dec-2015 14:41

To: yokomoko_chapster@live.co.uk
Re: Windows 10 Mobile

Thank you for your message dated 09-Dec-2015 regarding issues you have encountered using our Mobile App.

I confirm that we do not currently support Windows 10 Mobile for our Mobile App. Our development team are currently looking at this, however I am unable to provide any timescales for when this may change.

Please let us know if you require anything further.

Regards

Ryan Ellis
Digital Support

If it isn't supported soon, I may consider moving banks again, since it's so easy to do these days :) Thought others might want to know.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That looks like a generic response - I've seen that from at least five other organizations whom I sent an email (or Tweet) enquiring about a Windows Phone app. It follows the usual format: greeting, followed by expression of gratitude for asking or contacting them, followed by some form of acknowledgement of the concern expressed, finally closed with a remark that no schedules or timelines can be given.

Just to let you know, too, none those organizations I contacted have made a Windows Phone app - it's been over a year for some of them.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
It's a bit ridiculous really, considering Windows Phone/Mobile have between 9% and 14% of the market share here in the UK.

FirstDirect does support the app on 8.1, just not 10, so hopefully it won't be over a year for them to update it..

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they should change their website that says "Windows Phone 8.0 and above".

FD are useless when it comes to internet and mobile banking. Great customer service on the telephone, but not a great website, WP8 app was very poor, and they have had no interest in improving it at all. I've contacted them 3 times and they just really don't care.

I use Barclays for my business banking and their app is really quite good. My girlfriend uses NatWest, and their app it quite good also (and also NatWest have this cool feature that lets you use the app to withdraw cash from an ATM if you don't have your card).

The only reason I haven't moved is that I have my (very small) mortgage with them too, which complicates things a bit. But I think I'm at the stage now where I'll move.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss