HERE Maps, HERE City Lens, HERE Transit

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I just may have to keep my 920 forever (maybe the 640 also) just to hang onto the HERE apps seeing as I can't load them from my library to the 950. I find City Lens in particular pretty darned amazing. If only MS could get it together with all the car guys, they seem to going 'droid, and possibly even work with Nokia to an extent. (Oh..where did all those people go?) I can't quite see where this is all going but I think Windows 10 mobile needs to get some things back.:straight::straight::straight:

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
If you upgrade your phone to W10M you get to keep the apps. Just don't do a hard reset.

HERE has said that HERE Transit and HERE Maps will be coming back once they get a technical issue in the MS Store resolved. I think HERE Drive as well. I don't know about HERE City Lens.

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
If you upgrade your phone to W10M you get to keep the apps. Just don't do a hard reset.

HERE has said that HERE Transit and HERE Maps will be coming back once they get a technical issue in the MS Store resolved. I think HERE Drive as well. I don't know about HERE City Lens.
I noticed (after uninstalling here drive) that they are no longer in the windows store. From what you've said, does that mean they have been temporarily taken down?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
HERE has been sold to an automotive consortium. It's unknown whether this new company will continue to support Windows/phone. And if they don't support Windows, then without map updates, it's only a matter of time before HERE becomes inaccurate. It's likely why Microsoft is making a bigger push for their own mapping software in W10.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
You can sideload the Here suite. I have them running on my 950 and I even got an update since. Search xda. It was pretty easy to do.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
And also, I have emailed back and forth with someone at Here (don’t remember the name) and they seem to be certain that Here will become available for W10M soon. If you had been running an insider build you have noticed that initially the Here app didn’t install, then they didn’t open, and then they were all updated to work properly on insider builds.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
And also, I have emailed back and forth with someone at Here (don’t remember the name) and they seem to be certain that Here will become available for W10M soon. If you had been running an insider build you have noticed that initially the Here app didn’t install, then they didn’t open, and then they were all updated to work properly on insider builds.

Hey there Sleeve22,

I've actually been trying to sideload those apps for a couple days now following the directions on that XDA thread without any luck, and was curious which process you used to accomplish the task. There are now a few different methods in that XDA thread and several versions of each app floating around with different instructions for each.

If you could please share the deployment method you used, the app versions you initially installed and any other info that may help, it would be truly appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance! I sent you a PM as well :)

aliencatos

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
answer from HERE Support rep:

Hi Marc

Thank you for reaching out. We have a technical issue that’s preventing us from offering the HERE apps in the Windows Store for new Windows and Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and 10 users. We are working to resolve the problem and restore the availability of the HERE apps for new users. Until it’s resolved, we recommend that new users take advantage of the pre-loaded Windows Maps application on their Windows operated device. If you already have the HERE apps on your Windows 8 or 8.1 device, then you should continue to receive updates and see the HERE apps available in the Windows store. Until we have a resolution, we recommend that you do not delete the apps from your device.

You can try going to the store -> account-> my apps, if it is not there, then you have to wait for the fix update that will take some time because it involves both HERE and Microsoft to fix it.

In the mean time you can use here.com or m.here.com for some basic route calculations. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

On the behalf of the HERE support team

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
If you could please share the deployment method you used, the app versions you initially installed and any other info that may help, it would be truly appreciated!

I managed to sideload Here Maps onto my 950 yesterday with a bit of help from the XDA forum members.

Download the 'retail' version of the file your require, as found on the XDA thread. Rename the file by deleting the .zip extension. Copy the file onto your phone (any folder will do), navigate to the file on your phone via File explorer and choose the file. It will then install. Reboot your phone and you can then update to the latest version.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Strange. I updated my L640 to W10M .29 build and did a hard reset, and subsequently updated to the .36 release without an additional hard reset. I have both Here Drive+ (4.6.209.1) and Here Maps (3.11.171.1) installed for me. I didn't have to do any sideloading to get them back.

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Somehow I have a hard time believing in BS about technical issue, that lasts for weeks. I went back from Windows 10 to 8.1 on my 1520 because of this. I also noticed HERE Maps/Drive disappeared from the 8.1 store for 1520 and 1020. Will need to wait and see. If it is not available for Win 10, I am willing to try Android or something. It is ironic that I have been using Nokia Maps since Symbian times, and now they are available on Android and IPhone, but not on Windows Phone. All windows phone users I know (and there are not that many) care a lot about HERE Maps and HERE Drive. It will be a disaster if they are not available for Win 10 mobile. This plus the fact that MS did not do much about the camera after 1020, will be enough to push me out of WP. Camera was a big selling point for many people starting with N73-N82-N12-N808-1020, and something that brought me from Nokia camp to MS. But now it looks like others are catching up, and it may be time to look around

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
HERE has been sold to an automotive consortium. It's unknown whether this new company will continue to support Windows/phone. And if they don't support Windows, then without map updates, it's only a matter of time before HERE becomes inaccurate. It's likely why Microsoft is making a bigger push for their own mapping software in W10.

This makes much more sense than "technical issue in the store". They just don't know themselves if it will be available on WP. But MS better does something about it! They will loose a LOT of customers if there is no HERE Maps on Windows 10 mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb