Cortana only showing news on live tile

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

I posted this in the Cortana section and got no response. I have sports and weather set up in Cortana's notebook and have saved all settings. The halo does nothing on live tile! I select news and it works (?). I remove news and it just keeps flipping over with last headline. Sport and weather, along with flight tracking does nothing! Frustrated is an understatement. I have tried..hard reset, soft reset, Cortana off, cloud data cleared, all cards off, speech and language settings all UK and still nothing happens.

Am I missing something????

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyone???? Checked, double checked and triple checked settings, hard reset, soft reset pulling out of hair (what's left anyway), and still no joy. It is still news or nothing. Interests are shown when you open her up, but not displayed on tile.

Arrrggghhh

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here, on 8.1 I would get a buch of info on the tile, now it's just news. There's a lot they are blowing with Cortana on 10. Me, I am sick and tired of being reminded I have an appointment on my calendar I cancelled or rescheduled days ago. Didn't do that on 8.1. MS fail.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Same here, on 8.1 I would get a buch of info on the tile, now it's just news. There's a lot they are blowing with Cortana on 10. Me, I am sick and tired of being reminded I have an appointment on my calendar I cancelled or rescheduled days ago. Didn't do that on 8.1. MS fail.
I was beiginning to wonder if it was just me. Posted about this many times.

I am frustrated that I cannot track flights, which for a cab driver is a bit of an issue. I end up with the flight showing in interests but not on tile. An extra distraction on the road is not welcome on the wonderful M25!!

Very strange eh?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same on 950 / XL as well. I don't want to see the same bloody headlines time after time. I still can't track flights on live tile. In 8.1 you would a live tile update with an aeroplane ✈. Now? NOTHING but the same Reuters headline. Arrghhh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon