[False rumour] of W10M update to 640, 640Xl today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Based on rumours the handsets 640, 640XL are expected to get windows 10 update tonight or tommorow EOD. True ? :-o

sarbuland yatu786

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
There is no official word from Microsoft
So keep fingers crossed
Also Microsoft never rolls out updates on Sunday
And you @emjey before updating this thread
Paste your source of rumour....

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
There is no official word from Microsoft
And you @emjey before updating this thread
Paste your source of rumour....

Hi,

Here's the link Windows 10 Mobile update schedule for older Lumias leaks - GSMArena.com news

Infact one more link adding http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/windows-10-mobile-update-rollout-roadmap-leaked-763605

These are ofcourse quiet old articles, but it was said that MS had actually revealed but not confirmed that the update may happen on december 14th to those devices mentioned. However, there had been talks from yesterday that only 640 and 640XL are getting the update, since those devices are working good with the current build.

Fingers crossed :eck:

Last edited:

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I will set the wife's 640 to not automatically download updates. Trying to teach her how to use a smartphone for the first time and I don't want to confuse her. Windows 10 mobile is no where near as intuitive for new users as 8/8.1. I should have started her on Windows Phone 7 but she had no interest in 2010.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I will set the wife's 640 to not automatically download updates. Trying to teach her how to use a smartphone for the first time and I don't want to confuse her. Windows 10 mobile is no where near as intuitive for new users as 8/8.1. I should have started her on Windows Phone 7 but she had no interest in 2010.

I disagree that it's less intuitive, and it might be better to change over now rather than after she's learned that OS and now has to do it all over again.

Unless you're planning to never update her to 10.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I saw some discussion thread in the forum that windows 10 has already gone live now and some non insider is able get the update. Getting the screenshots.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Personaly, I wouldn't do that. You don't want her to learn something new, only to tell her a few weeks later that some core elements have changed. That would be way more frustrating.
What you should do is trying to make her understand that a mobile OS is not something static, it will evolve over the months/years and if she understands the basics (understand, not memorise) she will be just fine.

duoFurious

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I would want this to hit my 640 of course but unlikely even if it did go live today. Is there a way to force it like the old days of disconnecting networking cables and doing some magic to force updates on wp7

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I would want this to hit my 640 of course but unlikely even if it did go live today. Is there a way to force it like the old days of disconnecting networking cables and doing some magic to force updates on wp7

Become an insider, it's all there for anyone to use right now. And the current version is most likely the release, works pretty well on my XL, although there is some strangeness with the dual SIM features but I'd assume most don't have the dual SIM variant.

duoFurious

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Become an insider, it's all there for anyone to use right now. And the current version is most likely the release, works pretty well on my XL, although there is some strangeness with the dual SIM features but I'd assume most don't have the dual SIM variant.

Is it free to join?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So best to choose fast or slow?

I use fast, remember it's beta though, and I recommend a hard reset when it's done, not using a backup, and then let everything install before you use it. There will be approximately 45 download, and then another round of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte