[False rumour] of W10M update to 640, 640Xl today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
i guess the tmobile 640 isnt getting updated
I strongly doubt it. They dropped it way too quickly to consider updating it. I noticed that the only devices that received updates last year from them was the 521 and the 925. Note that both of those weren't dropped quickly :/

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Lumia India and Lumia Italy tweeted in Twitter that the update will come by the end of the year. So I don't believe it will update anywhere today.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
phones might not get official update this week.. There will be one more build coming this week.. After that it might be released to non insiders late this week or next week

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So best to choose fast or slow?

Slow! Less damage ur device.

I use fast, remember it's beta though, and I recommend a hard reset when it's done, not using a backup, and then let everything install before you use it. There will be approximately 45 download, and then another round of 5.

both fast and slow rings are on the same build on WIndows 10 Mobile, 10589.29, so it doesn't matter at this point which you choose. You can always change later on before the Redstone updates start going out

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I disagree that it's less intuitive, and it might be better to change over now rather than after she's learned that OS and now has to do it all over again.

Unless you're planning to never update her to 10.

I disagree with you there. I agree with the original poster. Let her first learn on the stable OS first. The when she transitions to Windows 10 Mobile, she'll be able to not only catch up easier, but also have some sort of inclination as to where and how to troubleshoot minor issues. Putting her on WXM now, when clearly the software is not ready, would only sour her perception about WP/WXM going forward.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Good point, my wife loves her 925, but she hates when I do a upgrade to it and she has to learn something new. She likes it like it is. It would not bother me alot if they never do a upgrade to W10 on the 925. From some of the talk going around it looks like it will be a long time (if ever) if that happens anyway.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Lumia India and Lumia Italy tweeted in Twitter that the update will come by the end of the year. So I don't believe it will update anywhere today.

Did they state which year??

Why do people get so hot under the collar with 'rumours'. Most of the time they are BS.

The only rumours that interest me are the Fleetwood Mac rumours.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven