W10M started rollout in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I saw a Microsoft Lumia 640 demo unit with W10 on one of the biggest stores in Greece and I don't think that any of the employees would have enrolled the insider program because at the label of the device it wrote "MICROSOFT LUMIA" as it was the only Lumia in the world, so I don't think that anyone inside there had any clue if the insider program exists or not, let alone what model was it (even I was confused at first glance) :p

Via Wikipedia (yeah, I know..) it says that Windows 10 mobile would roll out (for the first devices) on 14/12/2015 (today) but the reality is that:
1) Can't blindly trust Wikipedia!
and
2) Microsoft is not capable of delivering OSs on dates they have setted on their own!

Anyways, W10m is around the corner, be patient everyone!
We have been waiting for approximately 1 year for this update, a couple more days/ weeks/ months/ years isn't that bad. :p

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I saw a Microsoft Lumia 640 demo unit with W10 on one of the biggest stores in Greece and I don't think that any of the employees would have enrolled the insider program because at the label of the device it wrote "MICROSOFT LUMIA" as it was the only Lumia in the world, so I don't think that anyone inside there had any clue if the insider program exists or not, let alone what model was it (even I was confused at first glance) :p

Via Wikipedia (yeah, I know..) it says that Windows 10 mobile would roll out (for the first devices) on 14/12/2015 (today) but the reality is that:
1) Can't blindly trust Wikipedia!
and
2) Microsoft is not capable of delivering OSs on dates they have setted on their own!

Anyways, W10m is around the corner, be patient everyone!
We have been waiting for approximately 1 year for this update, a couple more days/ weeks/ months/ years isn't that bad. :p
Months /years????

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Calm down people. They don't know the exact date even themselves. Lumia Italia tweeted that it should be come by the end of the year. (according to poor translation)
I can't post you a link because of restrictions of this forum, but you can find the tweet from Twitter...

And which one you prefer solid update or lagging one? ;)

yashovardhan99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I disagree. Have you read any topics about those? There are still bugs in both devices.

Maybe... But which modern day smartphone doesn't have bugs in it?
You guys might be right about another update for insiders before release but isn't it too late for that now considering half December has already passed and just 16-17 days for the year to end

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Maybe... But which modern day smartphone doesn't have bugs in it?

Of course new products have bugs but there were blue screens too in some users phones after first start. I don't think that is a mark for a good working software. Situation is better now when they got the update, but there are still some problems with the software.
(and yes I've got Lumia too so I ain't Android or iOS ******)

yashovardhan99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Of course new products have bugs but there were blue screens too in some users phones after first start. I don't think that is a mark for a good working software. Situation is better now when they got the update, but there are still some problems with the software.
(and yes I've got Lumia too so I ain't Android or iOS ******)

I didn't follow much about the 950/xl so I didn't know that there were blue screens too...i did see there were a few bugs which had been squashed in cumulative updates... Of course the OS needs improvements but the question is if they test a new update now, they'll release it first to insiders then a few weeks of testing then release to general public... That will take it out of the December timeframe officially announced(of course unless they meant next December which will mean they can release it way too late and claim it's earlier than expected)

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I didn't follow much about the 950/xl so I didn't know that there were blue screens too...i did see there were a few bugs which had been squashed in cumulative updates... Of course the OS needs improvements but the question is if they test a new update now, they'll release it first to insiders then a few weeks of testing then release to general public... That will take it out of the December timeframe officially announced(of course unless they meant next December which will mean they can release it way too late and claim it's earlier than expected)

I don't know has there been in this forum, but some Finnish users reported it. Italian version of Microsoft update-page (that one were 10's features are listed and because this forums restrictions, I can't provide you a link to it...) says by the end of 2015 according to Google Translater. (I don't speak Italian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss