Lumia 950 NAR Files

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I did my searches and I educated myself regarding these NAR files, or at least I think so.
What I don't understand is why only some of the pictures I shoot have associated NAR files. In my Camera settings Living Images is turned off.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen a NAR file on my device. IDK why are you getting them, since it seems to be associated with the old Smart Cam by Nokia, which is pretty outdated.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I get the nar files on WP 8.1 when I have the rich capture ( wand thing in Lumia camera app) on, these files can be seen when browsing phone files via computer

miklosb

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Same question here. I just bought the 950XL, and some of the photos have a .nar file, while other don't. I don't think it's related to live images, I have live images that don't have a .nar file.

miklosb

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Argh, I figured our what's happening... very simple actually. .nar is for rich capture, it can be turned on/off with an icon on the camera screen, which is just below the flash icon. So - obviously - I must have turned this on/off accidentaly, while I was messing with the flash settingas for some pictures.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Argh, I figured our what's happening... very simple actually. .nar is for rich capture, it can be turned on/off with an icon on the camera screen, which is just below the flash icon. So - obviously - I must have turned this on/off accidentaly, while I was messing with the flash settingas for some pictures.
I haven't changed the setting for the rich capture and yet some pictures have the .NAR files and others (most) don't have them. When I view pictures with the Photos app in the phone, for the pictures that have .NAR files I am given the chance to select a better lighting.
Now... why do some pictures have the .NAR files and others don't? Does the camera detect certain conditions when the picture is taken?

dernodo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The NAR files contains the 2 pictures (one with flash and one without flash)
In the photos app you can then select the lighting based on a mix between the two pictures and the result is saved in the JPG (+ the short video for living images)

So all pictures taken with flash and Rich capture enabled have the NAR files.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The NAR files contains the 2 pictures (one with flash and one without flash)
In the photos app you can then select the lighting based on a mix between the two pictures and the result is saved in the JPG (+ the short video for living images)

So all pictures taken with flash and Rich capture enabled have the NAR files.
Thank you for the explanation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs