I did my searches and I educated myself regarding these NAR files, or at least I think so.
    What I don't understand is why only some of the pictures I shoot have associated NAR files. In my Camera settings Living Images is turned off.
    12-14-2015 04:18 AM
    I've never seen a NAR file on my device. IDK why are you getting them, since it seems to be associated with the old Smart Cam by Nokia, which is pretty outdated.
    12-14-2015 08:26 AM
    I get the nar files on WP 8.1 when I have the rich capture ( wand thing in Lumia camera app) on, these files can be seen when browsing phone files via computer
    12-14-2015 08:57 AM
    Same question here. I just bought the 950XL, and some of the photos have a .nar file, while other don't. I don't think it's related to live images, I have live images that don't have a .nar file.
    12-20-2015 07:04 PM
    The NAR files are for Rich Capture. Live images are a video embedded right in the main JPG file.

See http://forums.windowscentral.com/gui...s-your-pc.html and
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/gui...g-your-pc.html
    Eileen Boyle likes this.
    12-20-2015 07:12 PM
    Argh, I figured our what's happening... very simple actually. .nar is for rich capture, it can be turned on/off with an icon on the camera screen, which is just below the flash icon. So - obviously - I must have turned this on/off accidentaly, while I was messing with the flash settingas for some pictures.
    12-20-2015 07:16 PM
    Argh, I figured our what's happening... very simple actually. .nar is for rich capture, it can be turned on/off with an icon on the camera screen, which is just below the flash icon. So - obviously - I must have turned this on/off accidentaly, while I was messing with the flash settingas for some pictures.
    I haven't changed the setting for the rich capture and yet some pictures have the .NAR files and others (most) don't have them. When I view pictures with the Photos app in the phone, for the pictures that have .NAR files I am given the chance to select a better lighting.
    Now... why do some pictures have the .NAR files and others don't? Does the camera detect certain conditions when the picture is taken?
    12-20-2015 07:25 PM
    The NAR files contains the 2 pictures (one with flash and one without flash)
    In the photos app you can then select the lighting based on a mix between the two pictures and the result is saved in the JPG (+ the short video for living images)

So all pictures taken with flash and Rich capture enabled have the NAR files.
    Fuzzy John likes this.
    12-21-2015 07:05 AM
    The NAR files contains the 2 pictures (one with flash and one without flash)
    In the photos app you can then select the lighting based on a mix between the two pictures and the result is saved in the JPG (+ the short video for living images)

So all pictures taken with flash and Rich capture enabled have the NAR files.
    Thank you for the explanation.
    12-21-2015 07:34 AM