Slow charging of windows 10 mobile

Vignesh Jayaraj

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
After updating my phone to windows 10 mobile,the charging time is very high. It takes about 5 to 6 hours for the phone to get charged to 100%. Is it a known issue?? I am running 10568.29 build on my Lumia 830.

steinhage

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem with my Lumia 640 XL. Battery stat is 64% now, charging at 6,24/h and 5 hours and 36 minutes to go. Have tried different USB-cables, (car)chargers. Installed the latest 10586.29 this weekend.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
It's not slow, it's not fast either.
It's battery calibration on W10M latest insider build.. bonkers if u ask me.

This is my charging status a few days ago, using a 3rd party charger (huawei, just the triangular head-usb adapter, not the bulky type). No overheating issues felt though.. weird.
20151212_0001.jpg

Using the original charger will charge it SLOW as hell. So, I'm sticking to this 3rd party charger at the moment.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not slow, it's not fast either.
It's battery calibration on W10M latest insider build.. bonkers if u ask me.

This is my charging status a few days ago, using a 3rd party charger (huawei, just the triangular head-usb adapter, not the bulky type). No overheating issues felt though.. weird.
View attachment 118948

Using the original charger will charge it SLOW as hell. So, I'm sticking to this 3rd party charger at the moment.

What app is that ? Would like to check some charging methods on WIndows 10 phone (USB PC, wireless, Quick charge 2.0, etc)

I have a Lumia Icon, and my battery charges so slowly that it will still discharge if I try to use it while charging.

As I will agree, Battery life on Windows 10 mobile PREVIEW is bad....maybe 50-60% of what 8.1 has and that is if you don't use the phone (standby), as even doing basic tasks, it seems like a drain on the battery someplace.... This is also on the ICON.

On 8.1, 5:50am, to about 11pm. with moderate use, at 11pm, I would see about 30-40% left...On Windows 10...I would last till about 6pm before battery is beeping at me (10%), I have no choice but to charge it on the way home from work.

I have a quick charge 2.0 car charger and over all, I would say it's the only one that will take a phone from 30-40% to 95% in the 50 or so min that I travel home.

When it comes to modern phones that support it, it really is about the charger......and it's the ONLY charger I have owned that still charges the battery when using GPS navi (on 8.1)

With the ICON, the Qualcom QUick Charge 2.0 charger I got for $15 was one of the best chargers I have ever owned (speed wise, ease goes to Wireless)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Turn the cellular data off when its on the charger or in general if you are on WiFi ...it charges faster if the cellular data is off and the battery lasts longer if u are connected to WiFi and u turn the cellular data off

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Check the amperage on your chargers. The ones that are 1.0A and below seem to be deemed "Slow" chargers 2.0A and up are the new standards. Android pulls this crap also...started back with the S3 and one of its updates.

Note that I did not specify that I was looking for a slow charging Samsung/Android!

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=slow+charging
https://www.bing.com/search?q=slow charging

What's crazy is I'm using the OEM charger that came with the phone (1.5A, I think). I had it on the charger all day yesterday, save for my 1 hour lunch, and it was at 40% when I got home. I started the day at 100%. Let that sink in a moment. :eck:

I have a quick charge 2.0 car charger and over all, I would say it's the only one that will take a phone from 30-40% to 95% in the 50 or so min that I travel home.

When it comes to modern phones that support it, it really is about the charger......and it's the ONLY charger I have owned that still charges the battery when using GPS navi (on 8.1)

With the ICON, the Qualcom QUick Charge 2.0 charger I got for $15 was one of the best chargers I have ever owned (speed wise, ease goes to Wireless)

I just took your advice and ordered a couple of Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 chargers (one car and one wall). We'll see if things improve once they get here...

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is Buggy all round.... from battery to storage to usage, it just feel ****ty. I've giving microsoft to Q1 2016 that if something isn't done then I will end my support for them. I want to start up a biz and i do dream of running everthing Windows.... So if they arent fast my support for W10M might end before I start.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is Buggy all round.... from battery to storage to usage, it just feel ****ty. I've giving microsoft to Q1 2016 that if something isn't done then I will end my support for them. I want to start up a biz and i do dream of running everthing Windows.... So if they arent fast my support for W10M might end before I start.

Good luck with your business plans! I too am working on a startup. I just can't invest in Apple at the moment but my plans require one eventually. Thanks for sticking with it. May you be the all Windows success story. :)

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
What app is that ? Would like to check some charging methods on WIndows 10 phone (USB PC, wireless, Quick charge 2.0, etc)

It's the free 'Battery' app from Enless Soft Ltd. Windows Store link

You could also try the free 'Insider' app too. Windows Store link
I use this app mainly for to kill my music app eg Groove Music. I don't like the music app staying at the volume notification area even after closing it, so instead I kill it with Insider. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills