the famous app gap

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
i've been in the platform for about 2 years and i can say that yes the app gap is a huge problem but i noticed the lest 2-3 weeks
i see a lot of new apps in the store , im not speaking about the new facebook app or the other famous apps like tweet it or read it or any of the apps that got just an update.. im speaking about the really new apps that famous or are actually a lot ...its the first time for 2 years that i feel hope about the apps , and the ported apps from other platforms isnt comming yet ...
does anyone else here feel that way about the apps or im the only

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I never see it as a huge problem as for most people it's only a small number of apps they may feel are missing. There are a lot that aren't there but when you really look at what you actually use on a phone, the main apps are mostly there with some key exceptions. Though if you're tied to Google, then you'll be missing a lot more, but if you want the Google experience you're probably better off with Android anyway.

Still though, I've been hoping for a surge in Universal apps, but still not seeing them. They're not a major development cost, great tools to develop with. It's just a problem with attitude. Despite millions of users, companies still look at the percentage of users and Windows for them is too small. Though iOS is also pretty small compared to Android. iOS compared with Windows and things don't look so bad.

Windows 10 might drive things along as Universal apps work across devices and a lot of people have or will have Windows 10 on desktops, laptops and tablets (and the Surface is doing particularly well).

Was pleased and surprised to see Garmin have released a Universal app of their Garmin Connect Mobile, and works on phone, desktop & tablet. Though I don't have Win 10 on the phone so can't use it there.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There is an app gap but it doesn't affect every user or even most users. Most users are not bothered simply because we have excellent alternatives.

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
i didnt create this post to start another app gap conversation ..and as not a power user im really affected by the app gap..but all i wanted to say is im just checking the store and theres many new apps ...i've never seen that before here .. im not saying hat the app gap is solved or that it will be soon ...im saying that theres a change for first time (for the last two years a least) just check the new and rissing cenction in store , new apps are everywhere (at least on w10 mobile store)

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Are they any good though? A lot of clones and wrapper apps around web sites about, but I rarely see anything of quality or even remotely useful or interesting. Just look at how many "how old do I look" apps there are, all claiming to be their own app but all are simply wrapping the efforts of Microsoft who created the site that does the work (and their own app).

There's a big problem with clones and rip offs. http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...ounge/357587-rip-off-apps-flooding-store.html

Though the same applies on Android. One of the reasons why their store is so big. It's all junk and duplicates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans