Windows 10 Mobile eligible devices list has batches of devices receiving the update

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Can't believe Lumia 820 isn't there. It's perfectly fine phone. Btw. What makes it special is its form factor. Quite ideal. Not too small neither a big one. I almost bought Lumia 950 but when I saw how HUGE 950 is I was simply barred from buying it. So now I'm let in the dark since there is no suitable wp phone on the market.

I really enjoy my 640, and it's almost being given away by Microsoft these days. From what I've seen of the upcoming Lumia 650, it may be another option that can fill that gap for you. You can check the L650 section of the forums here for more information.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope. ITs Samsung, they don't even update their android phones past one update. So using that rationale, its all on Samsung.
Well, you can't compare orange to apple. The phone update is kind of complicated especially when you have some carrier variant like ATIV S(M899T), ATIV S Neo/SE. Usually, these carrier variant only get update when carrier demands to and we know lots of phones in USA are carrier variants so....But ATIV S(I8750) is different, it's a global model and it did get official update in Europe which means the official support is there and only after W10M MSFT change their stupid carrier OTA policy, so for rest of us can get OTA update just by switch the CSC code it's clearly the carrier's fault on this issue.

Android? that's a different story. With so many devices on the market almost only those high-end/flagship device will receive update over 18 month(google's policy) is a fact that everyone aware.....
--
TBH I saw people mocking android when our 1st gen WP8 still got "update" after three years of service and I feel sad about that. Beside the W10M, the rest so called "update" are more like a function patch/hot fix than real update to me. They kept long period of service in wp is because they are slow to achieve the system evolution, not because they care more....:(

Those who laughing at Android/iOS to be the "same look" are just blind as well, WP/BB are the two which almost not change anything the UI in the last three years.......are they born to be so prefect that nothing can be improved?

David T-Rex

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there not going to be a problem that the carriers have to update to Win 10m then MS takes control of the update processes. I am assuming unless its unlocked the release date is irrelevant until the carriers get their finger out.

Zaharievs

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I found this in one site:

"Dec. 14 is the date when the Windows 10 rollout begins in Poland and it will target the Lumia models 830, 735, 640, 635 and 630. The second wave of updates will occur at the beginning of next year. On Feb. 1, 2016, owners of Lumia phones 1320, 1020, 930, 925, 920, 820, 720, 625, 532 and 520 will start to receive the upgrade. Microsoft pointed out that the features of the update will depend on the device."

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ATT tech told me my 920 was NOT ever going to get updated. Its on Cyan wont be updated to Denim. Anybody know why,,is it hardware issue, firmware? Pisses me off as it was top line phone. Wireless charging, glance, double tap etc, 32 gb wanted to try win 10 to see if I was going to stay with winphone. Not going to buy new one just to test if Like it or not

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
ATT tech told me my 920 was NOT ever going to get updated. Its on Cyan wont be updated to Denim. Anybody know why,,is it hardware issue, firmware? Pisses me off as it was top line phone. Wireless charging, glance, double tap etc, 32 gb wanted to try win 10 to see if I was going to stay with winphone. Not going to buy new one just to test if Like it or not

Why not? If you buy it from Microsoft you have 30 days to return it if you don't like it and they even pay the return shipping

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

ATT is famous for sayin a lot of rubbish, and for totally ruined thyi branded Lumias with problems no other one in the planet got
In their stores clercks also say to costumers of not buyin Lumias!
Ignore that bunch of incompetent! Stay AWAY from AT&T

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It's because AT&T doesn't want to update the phone anymore.

Denim is only a name change by the way.

Use the Preview for Developers to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 or use Windows Insider to get started on the path to Windows 10 Mobile, which is arguably unfinished. (works perfectly for some, not so much for others - so you may need to start fresh with the phone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6