WM 10 10581 - phone is not responsive

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I've updated to Windows 10 Mobile 10581 on my Lumia 1020 (RM-875), did hard reset after an update so it should have been clean update. Afterwards, I've installed all my apps, copied my music etc and have been living happy with my device.

Yesterday, I connected my phone to my PC via USB to copy some photos from the device. During this process, my phone rebooted itself and then my phone acted strangely. It is really strange, as:

Battery: shows empty with 0%, and charging icon is blinking
back/start/search buttons are not wokring
Start screen is blank
Action Center - I can't open anything except WiFi, Airplane Mode, Cellular, Mobile Hotspot.
Only Flashlight, Volume keys and Lock keys are working

I've tried:

Windows Device Recovery Tool - Failed
Nokia Software Updater 4.3.2 - Failed with 0x80131500
Nokia Care Suite 5.0 - Failed with error FA_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL: 0xFA00000D
Hard Reset using hardware buttons - Failed, just keeps booting
Removing battery for 10-15 mins (yes, opened the case) - nothing happened
Windows Phone Image Designer in FFU Mode:

Sorry! Your device could not be flashed with the image you selected.
Please correct the following error and try again:
Failed to flash with device error { 0xd, 0x0, 0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0x0 } : Status: 0x80000008.

I've gone through researching but could not find any solution but I assume I cannot flash that as somehow, Anti-Theft or Anti-Rollback feature is turned on in my phone settings.

Also, can't go to any service centers as I am located in Tashkent, Uzbekistan :cry:

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You've obviously tried everything you could. Even more than many others even would have thought of. When even a hard reset and flashing a device fails, it's most likely bricked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99