Custom Sounds for messenger in W10 Mobile

Tashannoc

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Tried looking for this in a thread and couldn't find it, so I'm posting here.

I just updated my 1520 to W10 last night, and I'm working on getting things back to where I had them before. One thing I can't figure out is how to set a custom sound for text messages when they come in. Messaging isn't listed under the apps I can set notifications for.

I see that I can set a custom text tone for individuals, but I want something universal.

On a similar note, is there a way to set different tones for different email boxes? That's something else I'm missing from WP8.1.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Messaging should show up under Settings|Notifications & Actions. You may need to have received a message first, then it'll show up. Once it does, then you can set a custom sound in there. Unfortunately you can't have customizations separately for SMS versus Skype, but hopefully some day. Notifications, in general, is still one of the weakest parts of Windows 10 & Windows 10 Mobile.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I think custom sounds aren't available yet in Windows 10 mobile, but I could be wrong.

I just tried to set ESPN notifications to a custom sound but couldn't find the option, only the built in sounds.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about separate emails, but yeah, the Notification area is what you're looking for, the app is named "Messaging" there.

Tashannoc

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, all. Once I received a text it started showing up in notifications.

Now the problem I'm having is that the notifications don't seem to be working, no banner, vibration, sound when I receive an email or text. Any ideas (I've rebooted my phone but not hard reset)?

Tashannoc

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I managed to get the email notification sound to work (i'll have to wait for another text to see if that's working yet). I had to select sounds AND banners in the notifications section of the outlook app and now it's working.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
All settings>Personalization>Sounds and at the bottom is a link called Manage app sounds. Let's you set your phones ringtone and the like. I know if you're on build .29/.36 this path works and custom app sounds are available.

*EDIT* Harsh as this sounds, if you're experiencing problems with W10M after updating from 8.1, a hard reset may fix your issues. I know I kept having my contacts app crash every time I opened it after just updating. A hard reset gave me a stable daily driver.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
All settings>Personalization>Sounds and at the bottom is a link called Manage app sounds. Let's you set your phones ringtone and the like. I know if you're on build .29/.36 this path works and custom app sounds are available.

*EDIT* Harsh as this sounds, if you're experiencing problems with W10M after updating from 8.1, a hard reset may fix your issues. I know I kept having my contacts app crash every time I opened it after just updating. A hard reset gave me a stable daily driver.

I'm on .36 with a 950 and custom sound/ringtones are not available.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes, no notifications of any sort. And then a factory reset fixed it right up. And the notification sound problem not being able to change it was because I had messaging turned off in my backgrounding

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre