W10M Mail & Calendar App size = 1GB ?

boywithnoname

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find a solution to this issue without having to resort to a hard reset?

My phone stats:
- Lumia 640 XL
- Currently running OS build 10.0.10586.545 and trying to install update 10.0.14393.67
- The Phone Update screen says I would need to free up 1.15 GB of space, which is roughly equal to the size of the Mail & Calendar app when I look at the Storage app screen.

Thanks in advance

brainydee

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find a solution to this issue without having to resort to a hard reset?

My phone stats:
- Lumia 640 XL
- Currently running OS build 10.0.10586.545 and trying to install update 10.0.14393.67
- The Phone Update screen says I would need to free up 1.15 GB of space, which is roughly equal to the size of the Mail & Calendar app when I look at the Storage app screen.

Thanks in advance

I had the same issue and since I wanted the anniversary update, I was desperate. I found a solution now, which is time consuming but works. In short, the steps I did were:

Backup --> Factory Reset --> Choose NO when asked to restore --> Windows Update --> Factory Reset --> Choose YES when asked to restore.

Then almost all apps and settings came back fine. Like a miracle, Mail&Calendar app takes now below 100MB instead of the >1GB it took before and mails and calendar data take now 50MB instead of 400MB, which also.sounds more realistic. It seems that the app grows and grows without ever shrinking back. Since the backup does not backup the app as such but only the settings and the data, there is no loss. I just wish the garbage collector of Microsoft would work better, because this workaround cost me more than 4h in total. Another good tip would be to eventually use the SD for Windows updates and for mail and calendar data...

Dearl Campos

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I have had the exact same issue because all I wanted to do was install the build 14951 then from everything I noticed I should be removing was the emails, then I came across with that app that had over 600 MB, i removed my both accounts Hotmail and Gmail... That didn't do it.

Then I read somewhere about this nice app, storage cleaner, it is a bit confusing but in the end it freed up some space on the internal storage and that my friends, that did that trick.:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077