Windows 10 mobile on 512 ram

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello buddies, i use windows 10 mobile on my lumia 720. I still got freezing screen even at latest build .36. I just curious, how many time you got freezing screen in a day? How do you suffer from that? :) because freezing screen happen when using standard apps like camera, photos, message, personally i use camera360 sight to handle camera n photos galery.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think even having 4gb ram would change that, I'm certain the OS cant even know if there is more ram it just uses the same tiny bit and shows a resuming screen cause that's what its meant to do

yes I have a 928 and 1520, they both freeze just as much

Bobcat665

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a L520 that I used w10 on for a while and I had very few problems with it. HOWEVER, I've always made it a practice to start any and all major OS upgrades from scratch: I wipe the device clean (via system reset/hard reset) and I usually don't restore much data from previous installs, if any at all. If you don't start from scratch, you're just asking for problems...

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Usin it on a 625 and a 640. The 625's screen gets that problem all the time the 640 till now never has gotten it. Its buttery smooth. And @esphack, it never depends on the ram even if ram is 512mb but u have a quad core processor it will run without lag. About your 1520 maybe uts just yours. 928 totally because of processor.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
928 and 1520 got freezing screen also. Really? :eek:
I dont know exactly reason that make freezing on my phone. But i agree if ram not the reason, because when screen freezed, only display stuck, but the music still playing, and i still hear notif sound. Freezing screen is main problem i face when use windows 10 mobile, even i do hard reset, freezing screen still there. I think several last build is good, lot people not reset their device but still fine use it. Btw thanks all :)

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Im using it on a 520. It happens mostly on the interface. When i play a game i have no problems. I see it when I go to settings or opening some configuration. I didn't do a hard reset. And I didn't do it because my friend's 640 behaves exactly the same way and we did hard reset That one cuz was new. Sadly from 8.0 to 8.1 we got the resuming issue and now on 10 this is the new problem. I hope they fix it and not just ignore it.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Im using it on a 520. It happens mostly on the interface. When i play a game i have no problems. I see it when I go to settings or opening some configuration. I didn't do a hard reset. And I didn't do it because my friend's 640 behaves exactly the same way and we did hard reset That one cuz was new. Sadly from 8.0 to 8.1 we got the resuming issue and now on 10 this is the new problem. I hope they fix it and not just ignore it.

On my lumia 720 latest build .36 all apps up to date. I got freezing screen the most when open photos then pressing back to start screen, if you got it when open setting configuration maybe the problem still random out there :D

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the 520, W10M is running great on this phone. There are still some hiccups and bugs though. But it is perfectly usable. It's buttery smooth.

I experience the freezing thing maybe about 2-3x a week

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the 520, W10M is running great on this phone. There are still some hiccups and bugs though. But it is perfectly usable. It's buttery smooth.

I experience the freezing thing maybe about 2-3x a week
Wow its great! Maybe i need fresh install everything from scratch to gain best performance. Thanks buddy.. :)

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow its great! Maybe i need fresh install everything from scratch to gain best performance. Thanks buddy.. :)
Yup, you must hard reset your phone for best performance. I recommend doing it AFTER installing the W10M update.

But still, nothing beats 8.1 in terms of performance. W10 < 8.1 still when it comes to smoothness and reliability! :)

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 520 also has the freezing issues . It has improved MUCH since 2 previous builds ( 2-3 times a day to 0-1 times a week ).
I notice it has something to do with force closing or sudden closing of running app . For example : It easily occurs when I force closing FB beta but if I back out first then close it , the freezing barely happens .
I also advise doing a hard reset for each upgrade . I don't restore backup either . Just start fresh

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
what bothers me its that they never fixed the resuming thing on 8.1 so i hope they fix these freezings on 10. I would go back to 8.0 happy but the apps on the SD its the only that keeps me from doing so.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 720 do u recomend me to still install I on my phone.i am currently using 8.1.
I am just too curious to use win 10?
To cure that curious, maybe u need to try insider. Because my stable is different with your stable. I use windows 10 mobile as daily on my lumia 720. But if you wanna try u should know that this is still beta and theres problem sometimes. If you have windows phone 8.1 os on windows device recovery tool is better, so you can roll back anytime if you want. :)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yup, you must hard reset your phone for best performance. I recommend doing it AFTER installing the W10M update.

That shouldn't be just a recommendation. It's a necessity! Doing a hard reset before upgrading can also have its reasons (faster updating), but in terms of starting from a clean slate, it's close to useless. If you are going to do only one hard reset, you must do it after upgrading to W10M.

Restoring from backup also has the potential to reinstall all the stuff you were trying to get rid of with the hard reset, so reinstalling all the old stuff from backup after a hard reset isn't exactly an incredibly smart thing to do.

If a person is going to start fresh, might as well do it right.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
That shouldn't be just a recommendation. It's a necessity! Doing a hard reset before upgrading can also have its reasons (faster updating), but in terms of starting from a clean slate, it's close to useless. If you are going to do only one hard reset, you must do it after upgrading to W10M.
You always do that? Reset, before and after update? Its cool, :D i usually only do it once after, but the several last build i try it first without reset. I mean its normal update should be. We can update without lost data. Its ok for me to do hard reset, but the freezing screen problem still there, even after hard reset. Maybe every update process bring different state on every device. Because there some device got less freezing after do hard reset, but on me, i still got some after reset. Maybe luck's factor also hahaha

512 ram ??
Ahaha.. I mean 520, 620, 720, and other friends

Last edited by a moderator:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
..but the several last build i try it first without reset. I mean its normal update should be. We can update without lost data.
Nope. It's only a normal update if you have a L950/XL. Getting the update process to work reliably on all other devices is exactly the type of thing MS could still be working on at this time.
..always do that? Reset, before and after update? Its cool, :D i usually only do it once after...
Nope. Not always, but often. It can make sense if you have a lot of apps or data, as removing them first accelerates the update process and removes potential for errors. On WP8.0 it could also occasionally avoid certain update issues, but I haven't heard about that potentially fixing anything for a long time now, so I don't think it's really necessary.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss