01-02-2016 10:49 AM
38 12
tools
    The apps run in the background to make it easier for you to open them again, for example if you check the weather with Weather Bug and
    later you want to check it again later, you can back arrow and open it. This is not new for Windows 10, I have a Windows 7 phone and they run in the background on that phone too. The only difference for Windows 7 I had to reboot the phone to get rid of the background apps Windows 8.1 the background apps can be closed by using the back arrow.
    There's actually quite a bit of difference between background management in Windows Phone 7 and Windows 10 Mobile that's not immediately obvious but it's definitely there. In Windows Phone 7, 8, and 8.1, applications closed automatically when you backed out of them, and only were suspended when you returned to the Start Screen. In Windows 10 Mobile, any application that's been properly coded will stay suspended in the background regardless of how you back out of it (unless you manually terminate the application from Task View). This is actually a significant change and makes Windows 10 Mobile more robust and consistent with background management. It also sets up a more reliable foundation for future features like full background downloading, etcetera.

For those of you who have been talking about the differences between Android and Windows 10 Mobile, I actually like where Windows 10 Mobile is here. It's reliable and consistent. With Android, I often find that you do have to go in and clear out everything every now and then, because having so many applications vying for a limited amount of RAM does cause slow down and eventually your suspended applications stop acting like suspended applications. Windows 10 Mobile copes with this by setting a limit. I do wish that this limit was increased with devices that have more RAM, however. If 1 GB of RAM can reliably handle 5 open applications, then 2 GB of RAM should be able to handle 8-10, and 3 GB of RAM should be able to handle 12-15.
    MP3Mike and drmjrahman like this.
    12-29-2015 09:24 PM
    to check how many app my phone can handle,so first i started a music song,then open apps one by one,after opening 9 th app,music stopped,so can i say all 8 apps suspended in ram.one more question,how wm10 os cant consume battery for the suspended app in ram
    12-30-2015 06:06 AM
    It seems to me that if I have too many apps in the background the phone quits working properly.

Every so often I go to check for updates and sometimes when I click " Update " I get just a highlight bar and it freezes up and nothing happens.

I have to go in and kill some of the pages that are in the background and then it runs ok again.

And I have a 64 GB mem expansion card so it isn't out of memory ... or I would think it wasn't.

Most of the time having apps in the background works ok but sometimes ... not so much.
    12-30-2015 08:52 AM
    It seems to me that if I have too many apps in the background the phone quits working properly.

Every so often I go to check for updates and sometimes when I click " Update " I get just a highlight bar and it freezes up and nothing happens.

I have to go in and kill some of the pages that are in the background and then it runs ok again.

And I have a 64 GB mem expansion card so it isn't out of memory ... or I would think it wasn't.

Most of the time having apps in the background works ok but sometimes ... not so much.
    The amount of internal memory isn't the issue whatsoever. What's likely happening is some of the applications you have in the background haven't been coded properly and aren't suspended in the background, meaning they're acting like they're running and taking CPU power. This will also lead to greater battery drain.
    12-30-2015 09:13 AM
    There is a bug in latest w10m build that causes this issue .
    12-30-2015 09:32 AM
    so is there any way i can know this app is built for wm10?any site or any trick in store i missed?
    12-30-2015 08:18 PM
    So this is a possible reason for why 512 MB RAM devices dint work properly with W10M
    12-30-2015 08:33 PM
    so is there any way i can know this app is built for wm10?any site or any trick in store i missed?
    Which app?
    12-30-2015 09:05 PM
    There is a bug in latest w10m build that causes this issue .
    Which issue?
    12-30-2015 09:06 PM
    Which issue?
    Even after suspension of an App , that still keep running in the background
    12-30-2015 10:16 PM
    Even after suspension of an App , that still keep running in the background
    If you want to check this bug out, you can try it on your phone now. Below are the steps :

1) Go to Store
    2) Download any app
    3) Leave the download in background and exit to home screen
    4) Then after few seconds go back into the Store and check your download.

If the downloads, starts after you open the Store App again, then there is no bug, because the actual bug in Windows Mobile 10 is that even downloads are suspended when you exit to home screen or your phone screen goes to sleep mode.

I experience this on my L1520 on WM10.
    12-30-2015 10:39 PM
    Which app?
    any app that is only built for wm10
    01-02-2016 04:32 AM
    I don't think there's a way to tell which app is built for Win10 or not at the store. Well, except there's a post here saying so for such app.
    01-02-2016 10:49 AM
38 12