Whenever I try to add an email account with a yahoo.com I get errors about the account needs fixing and no matter what I do it never adds the account. The same thing happens with a Gmail account.

I am using the latest windows 10 mobile update
    12-29-2015 11:56 PM
    Hi and welcome to WindowsCentral.

What error messages are you getting?
    12-30-2015 12:03 AM
    When I to add a yahoo.com account I keep getting the error message that something is wrong with settings in the notification windows. When I make the changes it keeps coming back to the same error.

When I try to setup a Gmail account I get no error message it just does allow access. Even though both Yahoo and Google tells me that the account has been logged in with a windows phone account.

There is no error number just the message from the notification center with the yahoo.com account

12-30-2015 12:16 AM
    No error message with Gmail account but it does not allow access it keeps coming back to the manage account screen.

From Google I got an email saying my account was logged in to from a windows phone.

Yahoo gives me an error message in the notification windows that say the yahoo setting are out of date. Once I make the changes two minutes later I get the same error message until I finally deleted the account.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-30-2015 12:27 AM
    No error message with Gmail account but it does not allow access it keeps coming back to the manage account screen.

From Google I got an email saying my account was logged in to from a windows phone.

Yahoo gives me an error message in the notification windows that say the yahoo setting are out of date. Once I make the changes two minutes later I get the same error message until I finally deleted the account.
    Are you using 2-step verification on your Gmail account? If so, does it send you a text message with the necessary code?
    12-30-2015 12:38 AM
    I am not using the two step verification for the Gmail account.

I am using two verification for the yahoo account and I get the verification code and enter it and the email apps says that is was completed successfully. It just doesn't work
    12-30-2015 12:47 AM
    I am not using the two step verification for the Gmail account.

I am using two verification for the yahoo account and I get the verification code and enter it and the email apps says that is was completed successfully. It just doesn't work
    I don't know about Yahoo, since I don't use it, and that's strange with Gmail.

I've reached out to other people to see if they will be able to help.
    12-30-2015 01:02 AM
    Thank You for all your help.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-30-2015 01:13 AM