Windows 10 Mobile cannot add a Yahoo or Google email account with errors, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 mobile cannot add a yahoo or google email account with errors

Whenever I try to add an email account with a yahoo.com I get errors about the account needs fixing and no matter what I do it never adds the account. The same thing happens with a Gmail account.

I am using the latest windows 10 mobile update

lwilson6650

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile cannot add a yahoo or google email account with errors

When I to add a yahoo.com account I keep getting the error message that something is wrong with settings in the notification windows. When I make the changes it keeps coming back to the same error.

When I try to setup a Gmail account I get no error message it just does allow access. Even though both Yahoo and Google tells me that the account has been logged in with a windows phone account.

There is no error number just the message from the notification center with the yahoo.com account

:unhappy:

lwilson6650

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

No error message with Gmail account but it does not allow access it keeps coming back to the manage account screen.

From Google I got an email saying my account was logged in to from a windows phone.

Yahoo gives me an error message in the notification windows that say the yahoo setting are out of date. Once I make the changes two minutes later I get the same error message until I finally deleted the account.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

No error message with Gmail account but it does not allow access it keeps coming back to the manage account screen.

From Google I got an email saying my account was logged in to from a windows phone.

Yahoo gives me an error message in the notification windows that say the yahoo setting are out of date. Once I make the changes two minutes later I get the same error message until I finally deleted the account.
Are you using 2-step verification on your Gmail account? If so, does it send you a text message with the necessary code?

lwilson6650

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I am not using the two step verification for the Gmail account.

I am using two verification for the yahoo account and I get the verification code and enter it and the email apps says that is was completed successfully. It just doesn't work

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I am not using the two step verification for the Gmail account.

I am using two verification for the yahoo account and I get the verification code and enter it and the email apps says that is was completed successfully. It just doesn't work

I don't know about Yahoo, since I don't use it, and that's strange with Gmail.

I've reached out to other people to see if they will be able to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos