Screwed up email function in windows 10 phone.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Email, right, a basic function and requirement for busy lifestyles these days, accessed from pc's smart phones etc, yet I find this function is totally screwed in windows 10 mobile at the moment.
For me the setup of email on windows 8.0 phones, then on windows 8.1 phones updated to denim worked perfectly, yet when going forward to windows phone 10 on purchasing the microsoft Lumia 950 the basic email function one expects to work doesn't, well for me at least.
My email settings haven't changed from windows phone 8 setup to windows phone 8.1 setup, so what has? Why is it that the same settings don't work properly in windows phone 10 ( Lumia 950). When I say don't work properly, I'll be more specific. I can receive emails from people, no problem, but I can not send emails out, they simply end up in my outbox, and don't advance. Why!..... Nothing has changed other than the windows phone operating system version.
I've contacted my IP and they have assured me that none of the email configuration settings have changed.
It appears in my case that moving forward to windows phone 10 is not an advancement but a step back, as I can't use the services I expected to be available.

For those in a similar situation let me know if in fact there is a remedy to this issue. dozer167a

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Email works great on Windows 10 mobile. I have 5 accounts on Google/Microsoft etc.

Suggest you go into the Settings/Accounts/Email accounts and check none are showing issues that need addressing. Worst case, remove and re-add the email accounts and they should then work.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Email works great on Windows 10 mobile. I have 5 accounts on Google/Microsoft etc.

Suggest you go into the Settings/Accounts/Email accounts and check none are showing issues that need addressing. Worst case, remove and re-add the email accounts and they should then work.

I can't count the number of times that I have done exactly that, what you have just suggested. So as you say, they should then work, but they simply don't. No issues showing! As all settings are are exactly the same as they where in earlier windows phone versions, I'm stumped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3