Hey and happy new year everyone
    Just wondering , I really hate those full screen apps here and there , photos app , weather , news , office apps , and others are not, I feel like the apps aren't consistent and when I don't see the status bar it gets so annoying ,like if the app was in its early stages , so if not only me have the same thing , what about a uservoice suggestion ? Coz already I sent my feedback , but it didn't get many votes
    k72 likes this.
    12-31-2015 06:33 PM
    I too hate apps that block out my status bar except games... And yeah Microsoft apps don't look and feel consistent.
    12-31-2015 06:35 PM
    just pull the action center, why waste that space on yet another clock and a pair of annoying signal bars
    RhinoFreak, TgeekB and Pirate Arr like this.
    12-31-2015 07:35 PM
    Why waste that real-estate? It's not that hard to pull down the status or push up the nav menu. Almost all apps should be full screen. Most of the time I tend to push even the nav menu away when I can.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-31-2015 07:40 PM
    There are plenty of full-screen apps on iOS as well. Not really sure what the complaint is.
    Justin Pearson likes this.
    12-31-2015 08:44 PM
    I am sick of apps that don't hide the status bar or the keys
    12-31-2015 09:06 PM
    I know I know , but come on the status bar doesn't take that much space , does it ? And it is really nicer when you can see the battery and clock etc.. you feel like the app is complete and real good
    01-01-2016 02:50 AM
    Makes me feel like the app is uncompleted. May not take up much space but given that it takes up space at all and I don't need to see the battery level every second I have the phone on makes it wasted. When I want to see the time it takes less then a second to swipe down.
    With that said, the option to always have it there for people who want it does not seem like a harmful thing. Right up there with a auto hide nav bar option.
    greynightshirt likes this.
    01-01-2016 02:55 AM
    I know I know , but come on the status bar doesn't take that much space , does it ? And it is really nicer when you can see the battery and clock etc.. you feel like the app is complete and real good
    No there should be an option in the setting of the app like this app to hide the status bar or not
    01-01-2016 06:21 AM
    I think battery status of our gadgets including phones must be indicated on our smart watches. Then we do not need to take the phone out of our pocket to check the battery percentage.
    Qais Abu-Hasan likes this.
    01-01-2016 07:14 AM
    No there should be an option in the setting of the app like this app to hide the status bar or not
    Probably this would best for all really
    01-01-2016 07:48 AM
    I like the full screen apps... Especially video etc.
    01-01-2016 07:48 AM
    I think battery status of our gadgets including phones must be indicated on our smart watches. Then we do not need to take the phone out of our pocket to check the battery percentage.
    Yeah but not everyone have gadgets :/ I think windows phone was all about glance ability , from live tiles that update and give info riht I front of you , to the notifications and glance screen , so I feel that the status bar should be shown , after all it doesn't "waste" a lot of the screen
    01-01-2016 07:50 AM
    I like the full screen apps... Especially video etc.
    Yeah , I'm talking about apps that don't necessarily need tte status bar to be hidden , like weather and photos , but for video and games , it must be full screen
    01-01-2016 07:52 AM
    I'm happy with the return of full screen app.
    01-01-2016 10:21 AM
    I don't care much about status bar since everything comes in as banner alerts. I think it should be an option like some apps provide. I rather not have the status bar while some may want it.
    01-01-2016 03:19 PM
    /thread
    01-01-2016 06:08 PM
    There are some apps, typically Facebook, that make the status bar the same colour as the app itself which I think looks better than the standard black status bar.
    01-02-2016 11:42 AM
    Ideally all apps should ditch the nav bar and have their own 'back' button imo. Much more reliable, plus you can't accidentely quit the app if you tap it too many times.
    01-02-2016 01:33 PM
    Ideally all apps should ditch the nav bar and have their own 'back' button imo. Much more reliable, plus you can't accidentely quit the app if you tap it too many times.
    We aren't talking about the navigation bar, we are talking about the status bar
    01-05-2016 01:52 AM
    We aren't talking about the navigation bar, we are talking about the status bar
    Ah, the status bar is even less important to me. As a rule of thumb the less clutter on the screen the better.
    01-05-2016 07:39 AM
    Ah, the status bar is even less important to me. As a rule of thumb the less clutter on the screen the better.
    Take a look at how it is in the Facebook app, I think that's the right way to go as it looks integrated. Not only that but a visible status bar allows for the ability to diagnose connection issues without leaving the app.
    Qais Abu-Hasan likes this.
    01-05-2016 12:15 PM
    Take a look at how it is in the Facebook app, I think that's the right way to go as it looks integrated. Not only that but a visible status bar allows for the ability to diagnose connection issues without leaving the app.
    Exactly the point !
    01-14-2016 04:11 AM