W10M and bluetooth connection to car limitation, is anyone experiencing this?

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
w10m and bluetooth connection to car limitation

Before I updated my Lumia 925 to w10m, I could control the music on groove from the car controls, got the list of albums, artists, songs, playlists and could control everything from there, now I can only see the current song and move to next song or previous ... is anyone experiencing the same? is this a w10m problem? is it Groove?

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: w10m and bluetooth connection to car limitation

On my car (Blue&Me, which is based on Microsoft Auto) I never had Groove music working in 8.1. Since 10 I now have voice for the Satnav, and Groove/Gadgets does launch in the car but nothing plays over Bluetooth. I'm also on a 925.

Always had voice with the SMS reader though, although I have to enable Cortana in 10.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

I was trying to figure out the system my car has and seems to be "InTouch" I get a list of supported phones and the features that are supported, but found a document from 2013 and 925 is supported but only reads Windows 8.0...

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

On my 920, the behavior is the same as you describe after upgrading to W10M and Groove. I can no longer browse by artist or title on my headunit. I have to do it all from the phone. Very disappointing and probably my biggest complaint with this new OS. I hope they fix it soon.

Cortana is much slower and clunkier responding to voice commands and providing notifications in the car as well. In fact, she appears to have been lobotomized pretty much across the board.

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 1520 and Honda Accord. I am not able to see the album, artist or anything in my car display. I am also not able to control the volume or change song using my car controls. I am in windows 10 too. Is there any way to fix this?

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the new .71 build and nothing changed that I can notice, supposedly it fixed Bluetooth problem, but did nothing to help with this...

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I was never able to do something like that in my 2014 300 with Uconnect. Just next/previous using the steering wheel buttons. What is worse is you can't ask Cortana to play a certain song/artist in w10m anymore. You can tell Cortana to 'play music' however if you were playing a podcast, it lauches that instead. I pretty much have to rollback to 8.1 out of flustration.

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I believe this is an issue with Groove itself. Only the song name shows on my head unit as well. Other apps like Spotify, Slacker, and Pandora show the song, title and album.

It doesn't help that Groove hasn't been updated in ages either. Did they forget about it? Issues like this need to be addressed ASAP.

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

Did something change. Were you able to see the album and artist in bluetooth?

JBWonton

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Along the topic of cars and bluetthooth. How can I turn off the "text respons system in my car." I don't want my car ready my texts and interrupting my music.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Along the topic of cars and bluetthooth. How can I turn off the "text respons system in my car." I don't want my car ready my texts and interrupting my music.
Are you referring to Cortana, or your car system's built-in messaging? Turning off Cortana's text reading is a setting in Cortana, and has been mentioned in this forum a few times. For your car's system, you may or may not have that ability. I know with my Jeep (uConnect, same as most Dodges) there is no such option, which is a bit of a pity.
I happen to *like* Cortana's SMS capabilities, but for me the uConnect pops up it's message first, and then a few seconds later Cortana kicks in. The best solution is for W10M's bluetooth implementation to allow me, on a per-paired-device level, to choose which bluetooth profiles I want it to enable. I'm not holding my breath for that, though. :-(

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone confirm that album and artist shows up on car screen in bluetooth for 950 or 950xl?

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone confirm that album and artist shows up on car screen in bluetooth for 950 or 950xl?
Not sure it makes any difference what phone one is using? I'm using 925 and it is not working but correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a 925 with latest build, and my car is an Alfa Romeo with the Blue&Me system (based on Microsoft Auto).

Bluetooth SMS reader works fine and always has, HERE or Maps work fine as well since moving to W10M. However, although Gadgets launches and says Groove is available for playback I can't play music from phone to the car.

Not hugely bothered about this, I have a USB port with a flash drive in it for my music, but suppose it'd be nice if it worked.

Vecchio Grifone

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here.
Lumia 950XL and Smart 2016.

With Lumia 930 and Win 8.1 I was able to browse the atrist, genres etc. pages.

I think it's a Groove issue.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Not sure of that... but I can't remember how spotify used to work on 8.1... now is like Groove only shows the currently playing song... can someone check how Spotify on 8.1 works?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss