01-18-2016 03:24 AM
28 12
tools
    Here is the next live tile concept termed as "Live tile: bit more live".

live-tile-interaction-final.png
    Last edited by VivekRabara; 01-06-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Adding image to post
    TheChazas and jmajid like this.
    01-06-2016 08:17 AM
    very interesting idea... would like to see this esp for those things you just want a little bit more info on or a quick action
    01-06-2016 08:37 AM
    Yeah....this can be very useful for kind of whatsapp, messages, skype and more.
    01-06-2016 08:43 AM
    Interesting and fresh, but there can be problems in implementation. Considering that a lot of apps now take some time to start, that start time will still be present in being able to access app features just by maximizing the tile - unless all those tiles are actively running in the task-switcher level "background" which then translates to more power requirement (shorter battery life). More RAM and multi-tasking capabilities will be required as well.

Imagine expanding the tile and then comes the dreaded "Loading..." or his brother "Resuming...".
    VivekRabara and triturbo like this.
    01-06-2016 08:48 AM
    Interactive live tiles is the dream of many.. That's the kind of thing that may be under testing in the darkest room of Microsoft and won't happen before a looooong time

EDIT : For a first step, a "3D touch like" could be nice. Something like : long press on a tile, on one of the corners, a little "...", tap on it, a list of actions appear (kinda like the photos app when you hold your finger on an image), and "Send a text", "Open", "Customize the tile", "disable tile animation"...
    VivekRabara likes this.
    01-06-2016 08:55 AM
    Except that "Loading..." and "Resuming..." it feels good for me. Just quick actions can be done really easily. No need to go to app and open related few things. e.g. for WhatsApp: i) You can read latest 5 message from any group/person. ii) You can scroll in the same popup. iii) Swipe functions to change person/group from the same. and many more.
    01-06-2016 08:56 AM
    Yeah. I am one of them. I want more space (something like this maximize concept) to interact more with it.
    01-06-2016 08:58 AM
    EDIT : For a first step, a "3D touch like" could be nice. Something like : long press on a tile, on one of the corners, a little "...", tap on it, a list of actions appear (kinda like the photos app when you hold your finger on an image), and "Send a text", "Open", "Customize the tile", "disable tile animation"...
    Like that. Long press can be more good to open up the things.
    01-06-2016 09:08 AM
    yea i like it like this to be a livetile show what it does but with a button up there you could make it bigger like folders see what you can changed/do then minimize again intresting i hope they will see your idea :D and try to bring it forward to all of us when they finish with their problems :3
    01-06-2016 09:24 AM
    yea i like it like this to be a livetile show what it does but with a button up there you could make it bigger like folders see what you can changed/do then minimize again intresting i hope they will see your idea :D and try to bring it forward to all of us when they finish with their problems :3
    Thanks. Hope for the best. :)
    01-06-2016 09:41 AM
    I like it. Very often i try to interact with live tiles, before to realize that i cannot!
    01-06-2016 09:49 AM
    I like it. Very often i try to interact with live tiles, before to realize that i cannot!
    Hope the kind of thing "coming soon". :)
    01-06-2016 09:53 AM
    The example is pretty redundant. Just hit the volume keys to bring up music controls.

Interactive live tiles should be just that. Interacting with the tile itself, like scrolling through info or whatever, not actually opening up the app in a little window. That's something different.
    sahib lopez and Zeem Frostmaw like this.
    01-06-2016 10:06 AM
    The example is pretty redundant. Just hit the volume keys to bring up music controls.

Interactive live tiles should be just that. Interacting with the tile itself, like scrolling through info or whatever, not actually opening up the app in a little window. That's something different.
    This is not just for music. Can be good for every other apps.
    01-06-2016 10:11 AM
    Its like Normal Tiles, Live Tiles and Widget Tiles
    VivekRabara likes this.
    01-06-2016 10:35 AM
    Interesting and fresh, but there can be problems in implementation. Considering that a lot of apps now take some time to start, that start time will still be present in being able to access app features just by maximizing the tile - unless all those tiles are actively running in the task-switcher level "background" which then translates to more power requirement (shorter battery life). More RAM and multi-tasking capabilities will be required as well.

Imagine expanding the tile and then comes the dreaded "Loading..." or his brother "Resuming...".
    OK. But one thing. How does the kind of interactivity that we see in the Notifications take place (on W10M). For example, I get a message on Readit. I get a notification. I can reply to the message directly from the Notifications Center without opening the Readit app. I think the same is the case with SMS. It would be very convenient if it would be possible to have exactly the same functionality on Live Tiles. Take the email app for example. It would be cool if it were possible to reply to emails directly from the live tile. Same for Twitter etc...etc...Is this also not possible technically?
    01-06-2016 12:05 PM
    This is not just for music. Can be good for every other apps.
    You should make an example showing that then.
    01-06-2016 12:16 PM
    OK. But one thing. How does the kind of interactivity that we see in the Notifications take place (on W10M). For example, I get a message on Readit. I get a notification. I can reply to the message directly from the Notifications Center without opening the Readit app. I think the same is the case with SMS. It would be very convenient if it would be possible to have exactly the same functionality on Live Tiles. Take the email app for example. It would be cool if it were possible to reply to emails directly from the live tile. Same for Twitter etc...etc...Is this also not possible technically?
    Technically, hardware capability is the only limitation.

In my opinion, being able to do quick simple tasks through the notification center is sufficient; implementing this feature in Live Tiles might be redundant - why not open the app itself and be able to "fully" do what you want in the entire space of the screen rather than in a confined space within a "Tile" since it's the same functionality anyway? Being able to reply to SMS through the notification/action center is a step in the right direction; let's hope that Microsoft will enable this feature for all other similar apps.

Again, the idea is neat and interesting - gives the user experience a fresh feel, giving depth to the definition of "live" in "live tile". Maybe a little demo video would enlighten us more on the idea and how it could look like.
    kristalsoldier likes this.
    01-06-2016 12:20 PM

In my opinion, being able to do quick simple tasks through the notification center is sufficient; implementing this feature in Live Tiles might be redundant - why not open the app itself and be able to "fully" do what you want in the entire space of the screen rather than in a confined space within a "Tile" since it's the same functionality anyway? Being able to reply to SMS through the notification/action center is a step in the right direction; let's hope that Microsoft will enable this feature for all other similar apps.

Again, the idea is neat and interesting - gives the user experience a fresh feel, giving depth to the definition of "live" in "live tile". Maybe a little demo video would enlighten us more on the idea and how it could look like.
    Basic purpose of this is to reduce the clicks while reaching to main goal. It can be anything like mail, msg, etc...
    01-06-2016 12:27 PM
    Interactive live tiles idea has been around for a while. Check the video in the link below from Microsoft Research.

01-06-2016 10:43 PM
    It's already coming sometime in redstone. Not a fan of the black thin tile icons. I actually don't mind the current ones in windows 10 mobile. It would be better if they were filled in black like the little notification icons in mail live tile. I have created windows feedback for a swap feature in the live tiles. You tap swap and it lets you select a tile you want to swap with.
    01-07-2016 10:40 AM
    That video definitely has the right idea of how I'd like to see Interactive Live Tiles, as an interactive way to go through the information a live tile may already be fetching. Stuff like the music, camera and calculator tiles are a little excessive, but they're certainly impressive as proof of concept.
    01-07-2016 06:33 PM
    That video definitely has the right idea of how I'd like to see Interactive Live Tiles, as an interactive way to go through the information a live tile may already be fetching. Stuff like the music, camera and calculator tiles are a little excessive, but they're certainly impressive as proof of concept.
    I agree! Though, I thought the music, camera and calculator demos were quite good. Add some good animation to this and you have a nice feature set that is competitive. I wonder if the relevant APIs for W10 already allow for this functionality. I can see how developers may find this attractive.

But yes, this is how I thought Live Tiles would work - interactively, rather than what we have today.
    Alfa Kapa likes this.
    01-07-2016 10:45 PM

Well...there are some situations when we are on the hop - increasingly common in our increasingly hectic lifestyles - which require a quick response. I would have thought affording the ability to do so directly from the Live Tile would aid that. Invoking the Notifications requires at least one swipe and some scrolling. The Live Tiles are just there though scrolling may also be necessary depending on where they are placed by the user. But hey! I have no idea about design etc. I am talking off the top of my head. Very likely what you point out is more relevant and to the point.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-07-2016 10:52 PM
    People hub's live tile shows photos of contacts from facebook also, and as they change their profile picture, the people hub will follow. Sometime, I want to know whose pic that shown by people hub's tile. It will be nice if clicking the pic will open the people apps and directly show the contact own the pic.
    01-08-2016 09:11 AM
28 12