Windows 10 mobile 10586.63 out now

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Since I wanted the firmware too, these were my steps. Backup, Hard reset, no sign-in or restore, install firmware update, sign-in, stop all app updates, Install insider, update to .63, hard reset again, restore, Wait for 128 app updates. Sign into every app. So far, well worth the effort. No more heatups, word flow seems much better. Camera is performing much better as well. Probably the firmware helped a lot of this on my 950 XL.

iamharish15

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
This update doesn't fix anything for my Lumia 630 DS. The two issues that I am still unable to find solutions for:-
  • When I connect to PC, my Device is unrecognized. Have tried everything from restarting while connected to soft/hard reset etc
  • Brightness doesn't change. I have tried from all setting options to change the brightness, but it just doesn't change
  • The mobile charging speed has reduced significantly. Using the mobile charger, it takes forever to complete charging while it continues to display notification about the device is charging slowly.
I am still unable to find whether this issue is with my mobile or with the OS. But on Windows 8.1, the brightness setting and the USB detection on PC used to work fine. But on Windows 10 Mobile, both these things doesn't work.

Last edited:

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
on Lumia 950 .63 with newest firmware.

Everything seems stable and a little more responsive, but only in OS itself, not in Apps, etc. and Phone make less heat.

When multi-tasking, getting shutters, hangs, and so on, specially when browsing Internet, it is strange, you should not have any performance problems, when you have 3GB of RAM and Hexa-Core processor, have no issues with Lumia 830 on W10M , even 630 on WP8.1.

Battery, on stand-by is very good, but browsing Internet, no matter, Edge, UC Browser, Baconit, YouTube, it literally sucks battery in seconds. From 100% to 60% battery in only not even full 2 hours, with Battery Saving on and Brightness 25%. and nothing else in background.

Is it possible that installing firmware first, and only then updating from .11 to .36 and now to .63 could caused any problems?

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
What about the battery performance?

Well now that is the question, isn't it?

On my 640XL (4G DS), the new update seems smoother and more fluid. And as some have pointed out some quirks leftover from the .36 version seem to be smoothened out.

Today, however, I had an excellent opportunity to test the battery life.

I took the phone off the charger around 9:00AM. At 12:30AM, the battery level is down to 50%. But my usage has been very minimal. Two quick calls and less than 10 mins of Telegram chatting. Thats it!

Not very good then, I think.

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Battery on my 830 I would say is about the same as my Samsung S6, maby a little bit better. Unplugged yesterday at around 10:00 Am and today at 7:00 Pm it turns off by itself. Yesterday evening I used it hard with we browsing and tapatalk. Tomorrow i will use it at work for the first time, that will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I took the phone off the charger around 9:00AM. At 12:30AM, the battery level is down to 50%. But my usage has been very minimal. Two quick calls and less than 10 mins of Telegram chatting. Thats it!

Not very good then, I think.

Will stay out of W10M for a while if this is the case, my 2 main issues for staying out are (1) battery life and (2) photography/ camera related bugs, but I can live with the other bugs.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I can't complain for battery life. I took my L640 off the charger yesterday morning, and have been using it off and on for the last two days. I'm now down to 64% charge remaining. I have most apps disabled for background usage other than Phone, Glance Screen, Groove Music, MSN Weather, Mail and Calendar, and Messaging and Skype (not logged into Skype). The phone is estimating I have another 2 days and 5 hours of battery left. :excited:

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
When multi-tasking, getting shutters, hangs, and so on, specially when browsing Internet, it is strange, you should not have any performance problems, when you have 3GB of RAM and Hexa-Core processor, have no issues with Lumia 830 on W10M , even 630 on WP8.1.

Hmm... sounds bad.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Will stay out of W10M for a while if this is the case, my 2 main issues for staying out are (1) battery life and (2) photography/ camera related bugs, but I can live with the other bugs.

Absolutely, its a shame but I just can't see giving up what I have with my 1520 on WP 8.1 (practically 2 days of normal use out of a full charge) to barely or not getting through the day with W10.. I'll stay with 8.1 until MS gets a handle on wtf is causing such battery drain with W10!! I did .29 & .36 on my 640XL and saw first hand the difference.

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely, its a shame but I just can't see giving up what I have with my 1520 on WP 8.1 (practically 2 days of normal use out of a full charge) to barely or not getting through the day with W10.. I'll stay with 8.1 until MS gets a handle on wtf is causing such battery drain with W10!! I did .29 & .36 on my 640XL and saw first hand the difference.

+1 Here. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade to W10M. Will sit it out until it addresses the battery drain (and camera/photography related bugs).

tingski72

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
You can try moving Gestures & Touch from your SD card to your device memory. I have the same problem before, was solved when I moved the Touch app to my device memory, restarted the phone then downloaded updates from the Store.

iRoper

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a seriously problem. When I'm in a call, I can barely hear what the other person is saying. It's anyone with the same issues?

Yep, I have that issue with my 1020. No issues on 8.1 but since upgrading to 10 I can hardly hear the person talking even at full volume.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
+1 Here. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade to W10M. Will sit it out until it addresses the battery drain (and camera/photography related bugs).

Sadly I have little faith it will happen, battery life took a big hit on my Surface Pro 3 when I updated to Win 10 last summer and MS hasn't come out with any improvements and doesn't look like they're even looking at addressing the issue..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss