Groove Music (or any music app) playback stops when unlocking screen?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an intermittent problem on my Lumia 550. Music playback will stop when I unlock the phone (the music app disappears from the volume controls), and the volume decreases to 19/30. Music continues to play correctly on the lock screen until I swipe up and enter the password.

This was happening on 10586, 10586.29, 10586.36 and the latest 10586.63. All installed with a hard reset.

Soft-resetting the phone cures the issue for a while, but the problem usually returns after a few hours.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? It's definitely an OS issue, as it happens on all music playing apps.

nblots

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Similar/same issue here. On a recent trip was trying to listen to podcast. Approx every 15 minutes, playback would stop, and my Bluetooth volume would jump back to half. For me, I would then unlock the phone, turn volume back up, and touch play again. Tried Pandora app and it was doing same thing.
928 Lumia
Very annoying.

elgreco247

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Having both issues here with a 950 XL DS.
The amount of time needed until the playback stops playing corresponds to the Windows 10 setting "Require sign-in". So the workaround for the second issue is to turn off authentication (only useful when you are sure no one but you can access your phone).

Last edited:

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The amount of time needed until the playback stops playing corresponds to the Windows 10 setting "Require sign-in". So the workaround for the second issue is to turn off authentication (only useful when you are be sure no one but you can access your phone).

That is very interesting. I will test this the next time the issue crop up for me. Unfortunately there is no way I will be leaving the phone in a state where no PIN is required. That's just asking for trouble.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no way I will be leaving the phone in a state where no PIN is required. That's just asking for trouble.

While normally I could agree with you, I recently came across a situation where this caused more harm than good. We were out with a group of friends at a birthday party, and some of the people there were from out of town. Well as the night went on, one of the ladies in attendance dropped to the ground suffering a heart attack. Her phone was locked, she was not responsive, and we had no way of contacting any other friends or family for almost 5 hours. Since then, I don't lock my phone with a PIN or passcode, and I have my wife's contact information prefixed with "ICE" for In Case of Emergency. My doctor's contact information also is flagged as (PCP) after her name.

Some people will have sensitive information on their phone they need to protect. I don't, and I would rather first responders have access to my contact list in the event that something were to happen to me.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I got a worse problem with Groove just now. It won't open. Did a soft reset, with no luck. I delete re-install, but it's not deletable. It worked early after I loaded 10586.63, not now though.

g_peczek

May 30, 2016
Visit site
The amount of time needed until the playback stops playing corresponds to the Windows 10 setting "Require sign-in". So the workaround for the second issue is to turn off authentication (only useful when you are sure no one but you can access your phone).

Yep! this is it!
Solved my problems with playback pausing every 15 minutes.
Occured, that indeed my authentication setting was set to require login with phone PIN after 15 minutes.
So I switched this setting to "never" and it solved the Groover Music pausing / quitting problem.

Important - setting authentication to "never" does not erase your phone PIN. It is still there, except now it does not ask for it on lock screen.
Brings security issues, of course...
I hope MS will fix this bug with Groove soon, so I can get back to my 15 minutes until PIN lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism