Picture folders I copy to the phone don't end up as albums

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
With 8.1 I could just copy folders of pictures from my PC to the phone and they would end up as albums in the Photos app. Now I don't get any albums, and although they end up in folders, I can't even get to them without several clicks.

I want my albums back!

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Go to file manager on device. Rename the photo album(s). Just add a number at the end. They will then show up. You can rename back to original.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Go to file manager on device. Rename the photo album(s). Just add a number at the end. They will then show up. You can rename back to original.

Based on experience, this method works for photos that are transferred onto SD Card. Not sure if it'll work for photos that are transferred directly to phone memory. OP didn't mention the device being referred to.

Also, it seems that the OP is referring to the "Albums" page in the W10M Photo app, which is limited to "Camera Roll", "Favorites", "Screenshots" and "Saved Pictures".

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this feature is missing from W10M; you may send feedback through Windows Feedback, or UpVote it if it is already there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb