Unable to update to W10 M

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've signed into Insider program (since long ago actually, first time was for 8.1) but ever since unable to update my 920 to W10, every time the Download is finished and the phone enter the gear screen, after merely <10% progress the phone jumps back to the home screen (8.1 still) stating the same error (forgot which, but looked it up it's not a phone specific error, but also sometimes happen with PC ver) sick of trying I'm still using 8.1 in Cyan even right now. But now school demands for me to have 2 features that it currently lacks, Bluetooth Keyboard and USB OTG ( Lumia 920 DO support this right?) and willing to do a Hard resert to the phone if it can solve the problem. But, should I do that or defer and wait for the official launch for old Lumias? (which still far off it seems) please suggestion.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Install Windows Device Recovery Tool on a PC >> Connect your phone >> backup your phone's files >> Open WDRT >> check your phone for updates from within the tool >> update

After this process your phone would be restored back to the latest ROM from Microsoft. Just to be sure, re-check for updates in case there is additional OTA updates.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Install Windows Device Recovery Tool on a PC >> Connect your phone >> backup your phone's files >> Open WDRT >> check your phone for updates from within the tool >> update

After this process your phone would be restored back to the latest ROM from Microsoft. Just to be sure, re-check for updates in case there is additional OTA updates.
Thanks, will try

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy to report that its running W10 Mobile now! thanks for all your help :)
report: it's actually quite smooth, tho not as smooth as 8.1 was, BT keyboard works flawlssly, but as you people said USB OTG isn't there... well, it's one feature i can go without.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs