No message notification

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Have some problem with message with this build.

There's no notification sound, no popup and no tile info. I have to open message app to check if I have new messages. Tried to login to skype and log off but it's make no difference.

Any tips ?

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings and find "Background apps" and insure messaging + skpe is turned on. Also insure "notifications and actions" are enabled.

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem but instead of messages, the phone doesn't notify me about new emails, no sound notification, no vibration, even though I have every setting turned on. It's so annoying.

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Still not working for me. Messages and skype is turned on in background apps and notifications turned on for messages. Still nothing.... I will probably move back to wp8.1 for good.

simoncu

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Same for me, it's now a few days, before I realize that nothing was notifying me. It's only for messaging (skype, SMS), whatsapp is working fine, but it's just a pain, I have to check manually (open messagin) to see if sth has arrived...

Dimma309

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I have also tried everything to get notification sounds on my 1020. I upgraded without making a hard reset. An upgrade I now regret. The phone is almost useless to me now. One should not have to look at the phone just in case...
Please help.

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys, I can't help you. I'm back to 8.1. No regrets. Even if the milage varies from phone to phone, this shows how not ready W10M is. Sometimes, it feels like MS forgets that we are using phones. Therefore, the basic things sometimes don't work at all. Good luck with your issues though! Hope it'll get better for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos