Windows 10 Camera ruining pictures by adding finishing touches

shinuAbraham

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I upgraded my lumia 640 to Windows 10 insider preview. It came preloaded with the Windows camera and Lumia Camera was basically removed and restricted to just being a shortcut to Windows camera. I am having problems when the picture is being saved.

It seems that the either the photos app or the camera app automatically adds "finishing touches" everytime I click a picture. It is not much problem when you are outside in bright lights but it ruins every single picture that I take while in low light or indoor conditions. What I think it does is, trying to remove the noise from the image, but the end result happens to be very blurry. To get the best picture, i manually set the ISO and Shutter speed and it does take good pictures. I can see that when i quickly open the preview and it looks just fine but there is a caption saying "adding finishing touches" and after 2-3 seconds the picture is ruined by blurness once the effect is applied.

I want the app to stop automatically adding finishing touches so i can take pictures with my own setting. Some people suggested to turn Rich Capture mode OFF, but it is already set to OFF.

Can anyone suggest me if its the app's problem or the OS or my phone's? I really need help as pictures seems good at first before the deadly "finishing touches" kick in. Appreciate your help

Muhammad Adnan5

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi shinuAbraham,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have exactly the same problem. I started technical chat with Microsoft representative. We have gone through 'Factory Reset' and also used 'Windows Device Recovery Tool' to revert to windows 8.1. None of them helped. I am going to get in touch with them tomorrow and if it turns out that this is a feature you can't disable then I am afraid I will be returning my Lumia 640 xl. Do let me know if you get any success solving this issue.

Many Thanks
Adnan

2kolo

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have Lumia 830. I have also problem with the microsoft camera after update to windows mobile 10. When I take a photo ( the flash camera setting is on Auto or Turn ON ) there is always a white luminous area at the top of a picture.

( the flash camera setting - auto, turn on )
3.jpg
1.jpg

( the flash camera setting - off )
2.jpg

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with an old Lumia 620, try to see if you don't have a plastic protector over you Camera Lens. In my 620 it difussed the Flash light making this kind of things on the shoot..

dj-clark

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
There is some solutions?
I can't shot at night using different shooting times and ISOs... The result is always the same and crappy...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6