I don't get some SMS messages

altaranenco

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I using Nokia 1520 with WP10586.63
I do not get some SMS messages. Most SMS come to me normally. I also can send messages without problems. But SMS from my 2 bank accounts did not come to the my phone. They also do not restore from backup, when I transfer data between 920 and 1520.
If I rearrange my SIM card back to Nokia 920 (WP8.1), all new SMS come to phone normally.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Hrvi Veci

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes it looks like Lumia cannot recive SMS with alfanumeric sender i.e. if sender is i.e.: Best_bank
this SMS will nor reach you.
Real truth is: it will reach you but it wont be shown on mobile.
This is old story with windows phones, windows doesnt know how to handle "_" !
:cry:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Last week I ran into the same issue, but with normal people that I text with. They either wouldn't show up at all, or be delayed by 12 hours (more often they just didn't come in). I got really frustrated with it and reset my phone back to 8.1 because I use SMS/MMS the most now. When I got 8.1 back on, during the restore, I didn't have ANY SMS/MMS that were sent/received for 2 week prior. I even found an app for my desktop that could retrieve all my texts that are backed up on MS servers, and sure enough I was still missing those texts. I remember explicitly verifying before I reset that Backup messages was turned ON.

Granted, this was with a old Lumia 810 that's over 3 years old that I finally upgraded to W10 (poor thing is still on Amber firmware). I thought it was just the poor phone, but now... not so after reading the above.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been missing a lot too. Lumia 950 on AT&T. Is this isolated? It's making me very angry. I also get random reboots (pretty much daily) and some VMs don't show up unless I reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss