How to know when an app was last updated

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's important for me to know how recently an app was updated, especially if I'm considering spending money on it. This used to be part of the details in the store description, but now with Windows 10 I can't find that information anywhere. Am I missing something?

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't find that information as well. Apparently they took it out, don't know why. I sent Microsoft a feedback using Windows feedback regarding this. Hopefully they'll put it back sometime.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Somebody on these forums found a workaround for now, don't know anymore who it was, and where he/she mentioned it, but here it is.
I have my phone set-up in Dutch, so maybe my translations are not correct, but you will get the picture.

settings => System => Storage, click on "this device" then on "apps and games" then change the sort order to "installation date" and there you have the last installed/updated app first in the list.

Tip, in Settings => system, long press on "storage" to pin in to your home screen.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe that would be the date an app was last installed or updated on my phone. I want to know the date an app was last updated in the store, before I install it on my phone.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Pretty crazy to remove that. I've been hunting for it too. It seems like a basic piece of info, especially when so many apps haven't been updated for 10.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've also wondered why this isn't here. They could be trying to be less transparent with us, could be trying to take fire off the developers that people (like me) bombard with emails regarding outdated apps... or it could just be an oversight in carrying over features.

I'm also still a bit shocked that we don't have a wish list.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
OK... It's not just me... I went to check when an app was last updated, just now, and I couldn't find a Last Updated, date!!

I swore the date was there in 8.1, and I think you guys have confirmed for me that something is rotten in Redmond. lol.

I suspect MS is trying to "hide" all of the abandonware in the store... I'm rooting for Win10Mo to succeed, but the app gap and abandonware app deal is real... Funny how many apps I found on 8.1 that had a last updated date of 2012...

I guess if the users can't see it, it's not a problem. :grin:

Frode789

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes this is SUPER ANNOYING. I want to see the app uploaded/app last updated stats, they are vital when I decide what apps to download. This needs to get into the Store details ASAP.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Is this what is in the store under the hamburger menu My Library?

I didn't know about this. I did this and updated all my apps. Of course, this may not address the OP's question. However, I really appreciate the info!

Last edited:

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft purposely remove the app last update date from the store, so that ppl won't know how outdated is the app in the store. Most of the app are outdated in this platform, so laggy, and lack of function compared to the same app in android and ios.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium