Windows 10 mobile questions

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
So after upgrading to Windows 10 on my 640 (I did before a few months ago, but I want to stay on 10 this time), I've come across some issues. I've also listed the things that I see as an improvement over 8.1 so that I can see if the improvements outweigh the issues. I'm figuring that many of the issues may have solutions, workarounds, or future fixes, so I thought I'd ask here for input.

I'm on build 10586.36

Happy Things
? Voice typing - quite good, auto punctuation
? Excel - better, can choose colors for fill, and unfill
? OneNote - formatting is way easier
? OneNote - copy and paste keeps formatting
? Facebook app - better, can watch videos easier
? Maps - street view
? Notifications - text and Fitbit have actions
? Action center - shortcuts everywhere!
? Cortana - daily view is better and more useful to me
? Phone - very pretty
? Messaging - landscape let's you jump around to different people

Sad Things
? Phone - Froze when my mom called and the phone restarted, worked okay when she called back
? Cortana - can't share images directly, have to go to Edge to view the image (sometimes takes a few tries), then save it, then send it
? Battery life is so-so (although this is always an issue after any phone upgrade/reset while I get it set up and play with all the new feature, so I'll wait a couple weeks to judge for sure)
? Skype - can't use back camera
? OneNote - copy bubble stays on screen when you select something, such as for formatting, and stays
? Photos - OneNote recycle bins shows up in pictures list
? Photos - Setting OneDrive pictures to just pictures folder doesn't work
? Photos - To see OneDrive pics at all in photos app they all have to be in the full photo list - would be nice choose what folders show up in main collection
? Photos - Can't save images from other sources quickly, like to Saved Pictures; have to go through all the folders

Fixed by reset
? Duplicate apps that don't really uninstall
? Bluetooth is flaky
? Ghost Cortana reminders
Windows 10 "features"
? According to a developer I emailed, alarm apps built for Windows 8 don't allow snooze times

awidy seiza

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Same here, I'm on 10586.63 lumia 640,others are :
? windows camera,sometime show saving proses that too long,and rich capture sometimes not works (just save 1280x720 res. photos)
? Outlook mail, notification still not works, no sounds I mean
?multitask, star icon disappear when multitasking

I don't know if that problem will fix if do hard reset,but in pervious build when I've updated all app from store than hard reset, the big problem is come, all that app I've update show error and can't download

Tom Westrick

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I'd say revert back to 8.1 until 10 gets more stable. The freezing when you're on a call scares me the most because what if it freezes during an emergency?

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if that problem will fix if do hard reset,but in pervious build when I've updated all app from store than hard reset, the big problem is come, all that app I've update show error and can't download
Sometimes this is due to the apps being installed on the SD card and not the phone's internal memory. You could try moving them with the Storage app and see if they will download and install to the phone's memory. You can always move them back to the SD card once you've updated the apps.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd say revert back to 8.1 until 10 gets more stable. The freezing when you're on a call scares me the most because what if it freezes during an emergency?

This convinced me. The freezing during the call and the battery life were my main two concerns, so I went ahead and went back to 8. I'm already realizing that while the features of 10 were great, the battery life and snappiness of 8 are so so much better, and I don't have to worry about not being able to get calls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss