So after upgrading to Windows 10 on my 640 (I did before a few months ago, but I want to stay on 10 this time), I've come across some issues. I've also listed the things that I see as an improvement over 8.1 so that I can see if the improvements outweigh the issues. I'm figuring that many of the issues may have solutions, workarounds, or future fixes, so I thought I'd ask here for input.

I'm on build 10586.36

Happy Things
    Voice typing - quite good, auto punctuation
    Excel - better, can choose colors for fill, and unfill
    OneNote - formatting is way easier
    OneNote - copy and paste keeps formatting
    Facebook app - better, can watch videos easier
    Maps - street view
    Notifications - text and Fitbit have actions
    Action center - shortcuts everywhere!
    Cortana - daily view is better and more useful to me
    Phone - very pretty
    Messaging - landscape let's you jump around to different people

Sad Things
    Phone - Froze when my mom called and the phone restarted, worked okay when she called back
    Cortana - can't share images directly, have to go to Edge to view the image (sometimes takes a few tries), then save it, then send it
    Battery life is so-so (although this is always an issue after any phone upgrade/reset while I get it set up and play with all the new feature, so I'll wait a couple weeks to judge for sure)
    Skype - can't use back camera
    OneNote - copy bubble stays on screen when you select something, such as for formatting, and stays
    Photos - OneNote recycle bins shows up in pictures list
    Photos - Setting OneDrive pictures to just pictures folder doesn't work
    Photos - To see OneDrive pics at all in photos app they all have to be in the full photo list - would be nice choose what folders show up in main collection
    Photos - Can't save images from other sources quickly, like to Saved Pictures; have to go through all the folders

Fixed by reset
    Duplicate apps that don't really uninstall
    Bluetooth is flaky
    Ghost Cortana reminders
    Windows 10 "features"
    According to a developer I emailed, alarm apps built for Windows 8 don't allow snooze times
    01-16-2016 08:54 PM
    Same here, I'm on 10586.63 lumia 640,others are :
    windows camera,sometime show saving proses that too long,and rich capture sometimes not works (just save 1280x720 res. photos)
    Outlook mail, notification still not works, no sounds I mean
    multitask, star icon disappear when multitasking

I don't know if that problem will fix if do hard reset,but in pervious build when I've updated all app from store than hard reset, the big problem is come, all that app I've update show error and can't download
    01-16-2016 09:06 PM
    I'd say revert back to 8.1 until 10 gets more stable. The freezing when you're on a call scares me the most because what if it freezes during an emergency?
    k72 likes this.
    01-17-2016 10:06 AM
    I don't know if that problem will fix if do hard reset,but in pervious build when I've updated all app from store than hard reset, the big problem is come, all that app I've update show error and can't download
    Sometimes this is due to the apps being installed on the SD card and not the phone's internal memory. You could try moving them with the Storage app and see if they will download and install to the phone's memory. You can always move them back to the SD card once you've updated the apps.
    01-17-2016 10:56 AM
    I'd say revert back to 8.1 until 10 gets more stable. The freezing when you're on a call scares me the most because what if it freezes during an emergency?
    This convinced me. The freezing during the call and the battery life were my main two concerns, so I went ahead and went back to 8. I'm already realizing that while the features of 10 were great, the battery life and snappiness of 8 are so so much better, and I don't have to worry about not being able to get calls.
    01-17-2016 09:26 PM