Try as I might, I cannot connect to the mobile data when I'm out of range of a wifi connection. This is despite the phone telling me that there is a connection, as when I open the notification centre it says 'TalkTalk H' under the signal bars and the other stuff at the very top of the screen. This is in the Windows 10 update, and I'm sure it's done this before but I've been able to connect after a while. Even when I turn off the wifi it won't connect to mobile data. I can't understand it, how do I fix it (as it knows that there is a connection, it just won't tap into it).
    01-19-2016 12:20 PM
    Try as I might, I cannot connect to the mobile data when I'm out of range of a wifi connection. This is despite the phone telling me that there is a connection, as when I open the notification centre it says 'TalkTalk H' under the signal bars and the other stuff at the very top of the screen. This is in the Windows 10 update, and I'm sure it's done this before but I've been able to connect after a while. Even when I turn off the wifi it won't connect to mobile data. I can't understand it, how do I fix it (as it knows that there is a connection, it just won't tap into it).
    Go to settings>networks>cellular>change the speed to either 2G or 4G. That will force the data connection to come on. It works for me
    Mesbah likes this.
    01-20-2016 06:39 AM
    Also you can try toggling "Flight mode". give some 15-20 seconds before switching flight mode off.
    01-20-2016 06:50 AM