Strange nearly visible Windows phone 8 style buttons on the bottom of the screen in Windows 10m, how can I get rid of them?

hidde102

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Strange nearly visible windows phone 8 style buttons on the bottom of the screen in windows 10m

Hey Folks

It's quite difficult for me to explain this but I try my best. Apps with a windows phone 8 style have round buttons on the bottom of the screen. Like in Outlook mail you could search or select files with them. Here is an example:

windows phone8.jpg

Now, if I open an app with especially white colors you can see these buttons (even though it is nearly visible) without they are ment to be there. If I make a screenshot and I go to the photo's app look at the white screen, the buttons are still visible. However, if I zoom in they are still visible but not on the image. Can I conclude from this that these buttons are 'burned' into the screen or is it just a Windows 10 mobile bug. I have a Lumia 925 with the latest Windows insider build (.63).

Sometimes it annoys me because I want to know what the issue is here. Does someone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Strange nearly visible windows phone 8 style buttons on the bottom of the screen in windows 10m

Hmm, it doesn't show on my Outlook on build .63....
Have you checked the store for updates??

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Strange nearly visible windows phone 8 style buttons on the bottom of the screen in windows 10m

Saying that your screenshot looks like WP8/8.1 not W10M.

hidde102

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

No you don't get it. I can understand that because it's quite strange. For example, if I would place an entirely white picture on my screen, I see these button's are visible. Actually they are always on my screen, but when the screen is black you can't see them. This makes sense because the buttons themselve are also black. If I would describe the visibility of them, on a white screen there transparency is about 90%. Does this make it a little more clear?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

So if you have a 'light' home screen you can see the buttons?
And you can't actually click on them?
It does sound like it could be screen burn, if they are still there after a hard reset then that would prove it.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

What type of phone?
My daughters 925 has an issue with burn in on the screen. On the white background you see the buttons and on a black they blend in.

hidde102

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Yep, you can't click on them. I have done several hard resets during this year because of upgrading to another build. The problem appeared with other builds too. This didn't work so it has to be screen burn. I thought screen burns only appeared with larger OLED screens. I have to phone longer than two years now so I have no warranty anymore. There is no possibility to remove a screen burn?

hidde102

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Yes I have the Lumia 925 too. Your daughters problem is exactly the same I guess. Issue of the 925's OLED screen?

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

The Buttons at burnt into your screen. Has nothing to do with Windows 10.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Yep. Screen burn in, nothing more nothing less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa