W10M Live Tiles & Notifications not working over Cellular LTE but working on WiFi - Build 10586.63

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
W10M Live Tiles & Notifications not working over Cellular LTE but working on WiFi - Build 10586.63

Hi,

Lumia 830 here on AT&T running the latest Build 10586.63.

For the past several days, none of my pinned "allowed to run in the background" apps are updating in the background on their own to show live tile updates or notifications. This includes Windows Central, Outlook Mail, Amazing Weather HD, and Weather Channel apps. At first I thought it was just an issue with the Windows Central app but then found it to be all of them and is only happening when I am on Cellular LTE connection. On WiFi the apps update normally (every 30 minutes). I almost never use WiFi so this is a real issue for me and was not happening in previous builds.

But I don't really know if this is related to the .63 Build or a store update I had a few days ago for Network & Wireless app. That could be the issue. I've tried toggling on/off Airplane Mode, soft resets, unpinning and uninstalling apps, etc. Nothing works. I really don't feel like doing a hard reset over this.

Could I have a bad AT&T SIM card? I haven't had any issues like this in the past. Anyone else having this issue? :unhappy:

Thanks!

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Live Tiles & Notifications not working over Cellular LTE but working on WiFi - Build 10586.

Update - looks like this issue is related to the Data Usage app!

After upgrading to the .63 Build I kept getting the annoying you have used up your data limit warnings every time I would reboot my phone or toggle a cellular/WiFi connection on. I was nowhere near my data limit on AT&T but because of this issue the Data Usage app stopped running my apps in the background all week. So today I went in and removed my monthly set data usage limit and restarted the phone. Now I no longer get the data limit warning and apps on cellular LTE are working normally again. Hope MS fixes this crap in the next build or pushes out an update to the Data Usage app SOON! :asleep:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12