Find my phone with Win10M?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Find my phone with Win10M

My L930 is configured with my Microsoft account as normal, but when I log into my Microsoft account, it shows my PC's as devices but not my phone. There is a section where it says "add a device", but when you click this, it gives instructions for some devices, but for phones it would seem it should already be there if the phone is properly configured with a Microsoft account.

Has anyone got this feature working with Win10M? If so, what could I be missing? I'm running the latest build of Win10M.

Thanks.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
This makes me quite nervous, I've never lost a phone before, but just last year my wife left her's at a restaurant, and when she called said restaurant, they said it wasn't there and hadn't been handed in. Used "find my phone" while I was the other side of the country and was able to tell my wife via a land-line it was at the restaurant still. She went in and made a fuss, then they sheepishly handed it over - thieves...almost.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Seems to be working just fine for my 640 LTE. I have both options enabled in the settings.

• Save my device's location periodically so it's easier to find, even if location is off.
  • Save my device's location more frequently.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was having same issues with Find My Phone with W10M on L928 yesterday.
I just checked my Windows Insider and found that I was not in any Ring for some reason (guessing after the last Windows Insider update).
I put my L928 back into Fast Ring and rebooted.
I can now use and see my L928 on https://account.microsoft.com/devices AND the date and time line up exactly to when I rebooted AFTER putting it back into Fast Ring.
Not sure if it has to do with the device reboot and/or being in a RING or not.
I will follow up tomorrow and check it out again and see if it stays available on Find My Phone or not.

EDIT: And I just tested RING and LOCK from the website and both work as designed. can not test ERASE as I dont care to loose all my data at this time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12