Lumia 950 XL & NFC Payments

dbzocchi

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I purchased a Lumia 950xl yesterday and its great there are so many more hidden features to windows phone 10 on this phone than on my Lumia 930 like call recording etc..
In the settings for example the call recording settings or the video calling settings it has default app and lets you choose an app if you have none there is a button that says "get an app" click it and it brings up a list of compatible apps.
However in the nfc settings under tap to pay it says default payment app none and doesn't let me change anything and there is no get an app button. if I got to the wallet app its doesn't let me add a card like it says to do on the website, but if I got to the wallet on the store it says adding cards was removed in the latest version. I know windows have a new payment thing where you don't need a secure sim, I was just wondering if anyone new to get a default app for nfc payments or know how to get it working so I can make payments.
thanks

anon(185988)

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm hoping that MS gets a solution to this sooner than later. I'm a long time Google Wallet, and now Android Pay user, and I really enjoy the experience these days. It works great.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
OnePay is comin. Who knows when...

I hope that NFC payments are one of the things we hear more about at Build. Last year they had a proof of concept for it, but now that devices are on the market, they need to give a real solution. Though, I'm also waiting to hear about expanding the Xbox app store for W10 apps, and a true car mode for phones that competes with CarPlay and Android Auto, and Project Centennial apps actually being released, and potentially expanding Islandwood to cover Swift, and tablet mode being improved, and a million other things, so I think at least some of these hopes are going to be in vain. :angry:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mobile payments is the most important feature for me now. I will not even consider a WP phone until they support mobile payments

We had it for a while and it was great, till google took it away. Now that every place I go has a tap to pay device now, I want it even more. Microsoft SAID on Windows 10 mobile annoucement that they had a "tap to pay" option coming but, here we go, almost a year later and not even a solid rumor...

Microsoft is starting to turn into the company that is full of BS, Stick it to all 512mb phone owners when told all phones would get w10m and STILL a long time later, a big thing they promoted that EVERY OTHER PHONE has, they cant deiver....the normal Microsoft and Windows Phone process...This is FAR from the only things they quoted over the years and never did...

It really is getting old.... VERY OLD

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping that MS gets a solution to this sooner than later. I'm a long time Google Wallet, and now Android Pay user, and I really enjoy the experience these days. It works great.

I hope something like Microsoft Pay or OnePay comes. The wallet app in W10m is ridiculously useless.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope something like Microsoft Pay or OnePay comes. The wallet app in W10m is ridiculously useless.

True. The feedback on Wallet has tons of votes saying how useless. Yet no action from MS. Heck I'm using a $650 flagship 950xl on the official build, and it's fraught w problems! MS obviously doesn't care about Mobile for consumers.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OnePay is comin. Who knows when

I've said it on this site MANY TIMES and I'll say it again.....Microsoft should change their name to "Coming soon".... They keep talking about stuff coming but, it just never comes....

True. The feedback on Wallet has tons of votes saying how useless. Yet no action from MS. Heck I'm using a $650 flagship 950xl on the official build, and it's fraught w problems! MS obviously doesn't care about Mobile for consumers.

I keep a spare phone around, Normally this is differnet models sometimes WP, sometimes Android, even a iPhone (I normally sell them for a large profit but, like to keep a spare on hand), so last night I decided to swap to my LG G3 phone for a week again (Specs about the same as the ICON), so I deciced to set up Tap to Pay... why not right ?

I went inot the Gogole Play store, searched for "tap to Pay" found "google pay", installed it, Opned, it takes a picture of your card, pulls all the numbers right off it it, 2 questions later I was ready. It took less than 2 min to setup.

Got coffee this morning and used tap to pay.The lady at the register was like "WOW", love this feature.

Man, I miss this feature on Windows Phone... WTF Microsoft why cant you get your crap together ?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I've said it on this site MANY TIMES and I'll say it again.....Microsoft should change their name to "Coming soon".... They keep talking about stuff coming but, it just never comes....

I keep a spare phone around, Normally this is differnet models sometimes WP, sometimes Android, even a iPhone (I normally sell them for a large profit but, like to keep a spare on hand), so last night I decided to swap to my LG G3 phone for a week again (Specs about the same as the ICON), so I deciced to set up Tap to Pay... why not right ?

I went inot the Gogole Play store, searched for "tap to Pay" found "google pay", installed it, Opned, it takes a picture of your card, pulls all the numbers right off it it, 2 questions later I was ready. It took less than 2 min to setup.

Got coffee this morning and used tap to pay.The lady at the register was like "WOW", love this feature.

Man, I miss this feature on Windows Phone... WTF Microsoft why cant you get your crap together ?

Coming soon translates into Never Coming in Microsoftish...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99