Some Wondered Things and Issues in Windows 10

lzxcl

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm a user of Lumia 920. I have encountered some issues as below after updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10:

1) I can't get the Outlook notification sounds. It's enabled at Settings/System/Notifications section but doesn't work when I get e-mail.
2) Doesn't Windows 10 permit using Internet Explorer? Microsoft Edge is new for me at the moment. What are the differences between Edge and Explorer?
3) Windows 10 has made me feel in mobile as a bit slower. What are your impressions and what do you think?
4) Will I have to pay for it in the future? Is it free just a period of or unlimited time?
5) From now on, what happens if I turn back to factory settings (to Windows 8) and after want again download Windows 10? Can I download it freely again?
6) I wonder what the differences are between Insider Fast and Insider Slow Installation.
7) What are your impressions about Windows 10? Are you pleased?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm a user of Lumia 920. I have encountered some issues as below after updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10:

1) I can't get the Outlook notification sounds. It's enabled at Settings/System/Notifications section but doesn't work when I get e-mail.
check within outlook app itself under settings whether notifications are enabled

2) Doesn't Windows 10 permit using Internet Explorer? Microsoft Edge is new for me at the moment. What are the differences between Edge and Explorer?
Edge is the default now. I'm told it's faster and better but I don't use it since it uses a lot of data (can't disable images to save data and compression isn't as good as UC browser

3) Windows 10 has made me feel in mobile as a bit slower. What are your impressions and what do you think?

Play around with it and you'll get back to normal speed. Some things are faster like enabling cellular data connection from action center

4) Will I have to pay for it in the future? Is it free just a period of or unlimited time?

Free forever as this is mobile

5) From now on, what happens if I turn back to factory settings (to Windows 8) and after want again download Windows 10? Can I download it freely again?
Yes, you can go back to 8.1 any time and upgrade back to 10 officially when update is released or through insider program

6) I wonder what the differences are between Insider Fast and Insider Slow Installation.
With fast you get the latest build but less stable while slow you get a more stable build

7) What are your impressions about Windows 10? Are you pleased?
95% yes. What is left is battery optimisation for different models and getting word flow to be the same if not better quality as in 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6