Debranding a phone with a factory ROM

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. I am wondering if anyone has successfully deployed a factory ROM on their branded device, thus, debranding it. I have a Lumia 950 on AT&T. Over the years I have learned how slow AT&T is at releasing updates and do not wish to wait any longer. I was searching and came a cross a thread that detailed the exact steps needed to do what I wanted to do. Thing is, I have never heard of the site or the site it directs you to for the software necessary to do the deed. Here is the site. I am hoping to get some advice on this. I'd love to bypass AT&T and if this is a fairly safe way of doing it, then I'm game.

Your advice, thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't deal with it for now because it seems Microsoft has more control this time around. Time will tell though.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
xandros, thanks for your reply. I can appreciate your point, and this works for OS updates, but Microsoft released the latest firmware for the L950 over a month ago and AT&T acts like they have no idea what it is. It usually takes AT&T anywhere from 2-6 months for them to release updates. This is unacceptable when my Wi-Fi constantly drops and causes me to burn through my data. I used almost 6gb of data last month. That's almost 4gb more than I normally use. And 6gb is my cap. You think that when I go over that they will just waive the fee for excess usage? I doubt it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6