Switched FROM Windows Phone? What are you missing most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
You can't miss something, everything wp have is 10x better on ios or android and here included microsoft apps to.

Except OBDII, get a car with an over-sensitive pzev that puts the check engine light on for no reason regularly and you'll be happy to have a Windows Phone.

Continuum-- once you get used to it, it's fantastic to have your phone be a PC, the integration of SMS into a desktop is wonderful.

Yeah, two fantastic and not subjective things you might miss if you leave Windows. There are reasons to use this OS even if they don't apply to you.

Last edited:

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Moved to an LG G4 in December from an 830. The only thing I'm missing is an app: nextgen reader. Haven't been able to find a good alternative.

Other than that, I'm not missing much of anything.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Moved to iOS last month. I miss:

The Cortana integration. Cortana just isn't the same on iOS

Live tiles. Of course.

Xbox games. Got to get those Cheevos.

Wordflow keyboard

Tiles. Heck I just miss being able to have some freedom as to where i place app icons.

An app drawer

The photo's app integration with onedrive

The notification center

checking Gabe's twitter feed every hour for news on a new build :)

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Moved to iOS last month. I miss:

The Cortana integration. Cortana just isn't the same on iOS

Live tiles. Of course.

Xbox games. Got to get those Cheevos.

Wordflow keyboard

Tiles. Heck I just miss being able to have some freedom as to where i place app icons.

An app drawer

The photo's app integration with onedrive

The notification center

checking Gabe's twitter feed every hour for news on a new build :)

I move between Android and 1520. This is a good list.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I haven't completely committed to the switch, but I've been strictly using an iPhone 6 for over a week.

I miss live tiles of course. Believe it or not, but notifications are better in my 950 than the iPhone. Quick actions. Miracast. Continuum. Glance. CAMERA!

What I don't miss... Missing and incomplete apps, especially Microsoft's own apps.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I miss is live tiles. Microsoft has continued to strip away most of the metro design anyway thoughout the OS. The Start screen is the best of all the platforms. And the Fantasia Painter app is simply the best photo editor app on any platform. Other than that, absolutely nothing.

rastanac

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Moved to an LG G4 in December from an 830. The only thing I'm missing is an app: nextgen reader. Haven't been able to find a good alternative.

Other than that, I'm not missing much of anything.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I'm actually thinking of moving to Android via LG G4... still thinking if I wait it out or not, just getting tired of waiting for Windows 10 mobile to mature fast enough and catch up with the apps gap

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Alas I tried with Windows phone, for so long, have been back n forth from iOS to WP, but now I have leapt across to Android and the only thing I miss is the Live tiles and pin to home from pretty much anywhere, always thought android was laggy, but even iOS is laggy if you don't own the latest and greatest extremely expensive iPhone, Android seems to have improved so much recently, with so much more to give, the freedom to do what you want and change what you want, really makes the device feel yours. I may get another Lumia 640 if I see one cheap, just to see what the windows 10 development is doing, but the app gap and lack of google services and the amazing fact that all Microsoft apps are by far better on iOS and Android, tells me missing one feature really doesn't justify sticking with windows phone, shame really. A platform needs developers on board to survive, be it gaming machines, phones etc...and Windows phones tries but just doesn't come through each time, will be sad to see windows phones die a death.

DarthVedder

May 21, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6. I still have and like my icon, but I use it less and less every day. I wanted to use it as an entertainment device, but there is just no point. Many days I don't even notice that the icon is dead, I don't even charge it. All the calls I'd receive on that line are forwarded to the iPhone, so basically I don't have any use for it.

I miss the live tiles and the camera, but frankly, while boring, the iPhone is just better.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Changed to an iPhone.
The only thing I miss is Live tiles even though I've come to understand that I didn't USE them a lot.
I miss also to have a phone that was unique, the iPhone is pretty boring.

The best thing about the iphone is that every thing is so fast and smooth AND off course real pro apps, not half baked hobby versions. And even though the Microsoft apps are better then on WP you have so much more to chose from (you do not have to use Microsoft only, you can mix or go for other developers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte