Switched FROM Windows Phone? What are you missing most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
After 2 months with a Windows Phone, I have switched back to the iPhone. I hate having to do it, because I think the Windows Phone is across the board better in OS and hardware, but the most important thing it loses is the reason why I had to go back. The lack of apps has forced me to go back. Of the 4 apps I use for work, that I need on an hourly basis, 2 of them are not even on the Windows Phone. The 2 that are have issues. I cannot get work done on my Windows Phone but I can on an iPhone. Sad really. I hate that I had to carry an iPhone so I can run 2 little apps that were not on the Windows phone for work. Other things as well like trying to control my Honeywell WiFi thermostat. No official app, and the only one out there does not cut it. Even with there are apps that are on both platforms, the iOS app is always more advanced than the Windows OS version. Even the Outlook app on the iPhone blows away the Outlook app on the Windows phone.

I am not going to spend huge $$$ to get a 128gb iPhone, so I will carry my Windows Phone with a 128gb MicroSD card in it as a music player. I will miss not having to charge my phone every day. The iPhone can't make 8 hours of use without charging it. Windows phone lasted 2-3 days without a charge.

When Microsoft apps are better on the iPhone than on a Windows phone, and when other apps are non-existent, I have to move back.

azend

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I switched to iPhone 6s 2 months ago, had been using WP more or less since WP7 and all the way to WP10. Have had iPhone 3, 3s, 4, 4s and now 6s. I have also used a few android devices, most recent Galaxy 4 iirc. The reason was I got tired to wait for local apps, here in Sweden they are almost non-existent because of low user count of WP. I have tried to stay open to all platforms and not listened to 60% of my friends that LOVE iPhone, and the other 39% loving android.

BUT, I miss WP a lot. I thought all my problems would be solved with iPhone, but no no no.... I miss many features of WP:
- Notifications, badges, etc - how they are handled is a big difference, and WP is way better. At least WP8.1, didnt use WP10 that much before i switched.
- Live Tiles. Didn't think I would miss them, but I do.
- WhatsApp integration. Maybe a small thing, but receiving a call in WhatsApp on iOS is just... rediculus.
- Action Center
- Responsiveness and overall speed on WP is much better, even on a 2 year old phone compared to this new iPhone.
- The keyboard is sooooooo much better on WP than iOS, this will probably be the reason I go back to WP soon (if I do).

I do still recognize the app-problem on WP, so I don't think I can go 100% WP. Probably need to have both phones with me, iPhone for apps and WP for rest :)

William Bergmann

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I miss the UI in general, the keyboard, and the phone / VVM 'apps'.

I miss the responsiveness of the phone. I hugely miss having a decent camera :p

The one app I miss is Tweetium.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
After 2 months with a Windows Phone, I have switched back to the iPhone. I hate having to do it, because I think the Windows Phone is across the board better in OS and hardware, but the most important thing it loses is the reason why I had to go back. The lack of apps has forced me to go back. Of the 4 apps I use for work, that I need on an hourly basis, 2 of them are not even on the Windows Phone..

No one NEEDS an app for work on their own phone. IF your workplace requires you to use an App, your workplace cannot force you into your own, personal phone and has to provide you with one that is acceptable.

rastanac

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the comments, inputs, feedback. I've decided to purchase an LG G4, now waiting for it to be delivered. I'll continue to use a Lumia 1520 and 930 so will continue to monitor the progress of Windows 10 mobile. Good luck to us all!

Remington Forde

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Switched from lumia 820 to sony xperia z3 dual and what i miss most is how the os handles multimedia... windows didnt save over copies and copies of the same file, taking up space.

other stuff i miss are:
the glance screen
the action centre
the live tiles
pinning something/anything to the homescreen (eg, directions, a web page, a contact, a file)
voice commands
integration from computer to phone
the simplicity and ease in which the os can be used
wordflow
xbox games
manageability of contacts
the dark themes
the layout of apps
the camera
being able to store media from apps straight to the memory card
the live tile backgrounds and auto themes
ability to do a simple, quick search
my phone didnt stick and was always responsive
i liked watching the dots move as something was loading or searching
nightmode with the reduced brightness and alternative colour options
the option to swipe away one or all of a group of notifications.
storage checker
quick/bulk releases of updates

what i would have wanted would have been smart dialing where if i put in a number and its in my phone the name would come up without me having to dial the number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2