Update!!

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, on reboot after installing this update it puts up a little window saying something about "if things aren't working right, try backing up your data and resetting your phone". I guess the update was to add that to tell all those people not on the insider program yet, and who probably don't even know this forum exists, that there is a step to take after upgrading if things seem a little off with your phone.

Edit: Not long after I did all this, I got another "Reboot Required" notice, and my phone is now on the white gears screen. Seems there was a bit more for me to install. I'll edit this again once my phone is done and I can see what else happened.

Edit 2: Okay, now my phone is going through the 23 step "Migrating your data" phase. It seems to be taking just as long as a major update (step 15 seems to take forever). I'm really curious as to what is being installed.

Update is done. Phone still says OS Build 10.0.10586.63, Firmware 02177.00000.15184.36016 (Lumia 640 LTE) so I think this was all just some under the hood updates to get us ready.

Last edited:

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, on reboot after installing this update it puts up a little window saying something about "if things aren't working right, try backing up your data and resetting your phone". I guess the update was to add that to tell all those people not on the insider program yet, and who probably don't even know this forum exists, that there is a step to take after upgrading if things seem a little off with your phone.

Edit: Not long after I did all this, I got another "Reboot Required" notice, and my phone is now on the white gears screen. Seems there was a bit more for me to install. I'll edit this again once my phone is done and I can see what else happened.

i think they maybe finalizing windows 10 :) and getting ready to drop the offcial

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6