***Is windows phone dead according to some sources***

Status
Not open for further replies.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
This "Windows Phone is dead" thing is nothing official fromrm Microsoft, it's just a bunch of naysaying from some people. Windows 10 Mobile is alive and supported.

Sent from mTalk

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Jesus, when will these threads end. lol
They won't end. Ever. Even if the whole thing was officially scrapped by Microsoft. They can't force you to get rid of your Windows Phone if you don't want to. Now I've been somewhat quietly following some of these "Windows Mobile is Dead" type threads for a few months now. What I've realized is there are at least four different mindsets here. Each has a right to their opinion, but I don't think any of them are 100% correct.

1. Windows Mobile is dead! We had better all get rid of our working phones and buy an Android or iPhone ASAP!
  2. Windows Mobile is almost dead! We should demand that Microsoft make everything right in the next [insert time frame here] or we should all get rid of our working phones and buy an Android or iPhone.
  3. Windows Mobile isn't even close to dead. Sure, it's a bit beat up and a little worse for wear, but just wait and see what happens before you panic. Microsoft will make it all better with the Surface Phone.
  4. Windows Mobile is the best thing ever! Why in your right mind would you even consider switching to Android or iPhone?

If anything, I'd have to be in a fifth group where the mindset is closer to "Windows Mobile works pretty darn well on my phone. I'm happy with it, even with the few bugs and inconsistencies I've encountered. As long as my phone can do the things I need it to do for me, I'll stick with it." I'm not in a panic about market share. I don't care about the App Gap. My 640 does what I need it to do just fine. I can make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, navigate via GPS maps, and check all my personal and company email accounts with it. Other than what came pre-installed on my phone by way of 8.1 Denim and the upgrade to the 10586 builds, I think I've installed a total of 6 other apps. My phone is a tool, and I use it as I need to. For me, it's not a gaming device or a social networking hub. I have other devices that take care of those roles. So as long as it functions on my carrier's network, I'll continue to use it even if it takes another 3 years for Microsoft to work out all the issues. I'm in no hurry to switch networks or phone OS.

Rob Reynolds

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
There has been so much talk on social media and on various websites over the last few weeks about the "death of windows phone". I actually find it all rather amusing. Sure, it's not making Ms loads of money and it's never going to be as big as android or apple but is that such a bad thing? I have noticed ( on here especially) , we are all very passionate about this platform. It will succeed and it's not going to just disappear. I recently watched the verge's. Review of the 950 xl and it was the most negative piece of crap I have ever watched. None of the issues raised on that review has happend to my phone. ( the case does not creak, I have had no random re boots, the battery is fine, it doesn't feel like I'm holding molten larva when I use it.) it just works. The so called "app gap" isn't an issue either. If I wanted an app store filled with half a million different fart apps, I would have got a iPhone! Haha!

the point in trying to make is, in my opinion, windows phone will be around for a long time yet. There is so much cool stuff happening around it (continuum for one). We should all just enjoy the platform and look forward to what is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos