what are the things that i should be aware of before upgrading my phone to W 10 mobile from 8.1 ?

chamara silva1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
i hope to upgrade my nokia lumia 730 dual sim to W 10 mobile build 10586.71 through windows insider preview program. currently it is on W8.1 denim update.should i clear up some space on my phone memory? do i want to plug in the phone during the upgrading process?
how long will it take?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to the common bugs in W10M for the Lumia 730, they can be found in the Lumia 730 forums. Other than those, here are a few things you "should be aware of" for the update process itself:
1. Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi only (not Wi-Fi and Mobile data at the same time).

2. Make sure you have around 1GB of free space. At any rate, if you don't have 1GB free space, your phone will tell you how much more space you need before the upgrade.

3. You may want to keep your phone plugged in during the update. Prior to that, make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery power remaining before "restarting" your phone to start the upgrade proper (that's even if you're leaving your phone connected to a charger).

4. Do not leave your phone unattended - just in case some error pops up, at least you would be able to act on it ASAP.

5. The update process may take anywhere from 1-3 hours max.

6. Optionally, you may want to perform a factory reset first before the upgrade - a lot of users have reported a much smoother upgrade experience and phone performance. Personally, I didn't need to perform a hard reset and my phone (not a L730) performance is quite well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro