There is no app gap

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I believe that if Windows 10 Mobile ever gets app parity with regard to banking and medical apps (apps for doctors, nurses, emt, etc.) then that alone would be enough for 90% to ignore the so-called app gap. We'll have to wait a few more years to see if Windows 10 can bring it all to the table. I'm hoping it does, but I'll stick with it regardless. If I were needing that stuff for me, I'd already have something else anyway. I'd just like to see it so others can experience my favorite UI.
My admittedly arrogant take on it: it doesn't hurt my feelings much if some business doesn't have an app for Windows. But if they also don't have a decent enough website that I can use to get things done from my mobile device running MS Edge, then I take that as proof that they don't want my money. I can find someone else to do business with.

memmerp

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about the social stuff, but the real app gap is in business apps. Banking and business tools are just not there. Popular apps are missing too and still don't know why there isn't a youtube app. Hate all the bootleg YT apps.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't care about the social stuff, but the real app gap is in business apps. Banking and business tools are just not there. Popular apps are missing too and still don't know why there isn't a youtube app. Hate all the bootleg YT apps.

Google owns YouTube. Google doesn't do WP or W10M apps. No google+, no YouTube, no decent google search app, nothing.

Dr_Henry_Killinger

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
The only time I ever see mention of the total numbers of apps in the various stores is when people are making excuses for the shoddy state of the Windows store. I doubt the raw number is much of a selling point either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6