Help with a few things i've noticed on WM10

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
anyone lend some assistance to these few problems i'm seeing?
Lumia 950 wm10 (latest fast ring .71)

• Check app update history?
  • I don?t get notification sound on email
  • Set different notification sounds for different email accounts?
  • Enable/disable vibration on email? (currently get no vibration with settings > system > Notifications and actions > outlook mail > "vibrate if my sound settings support it" - Enabled.)
  • set default maps app?
  • If I tap the brightness from the quick actions of the notification panel too quickly it will freeze my phone.
  • A horizontal stripe across the center of 4k video

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

• I don’t get notification sound on email
  • Enable/disable vibration on email? (currently get no vibration with settings > system > Notifications and actions > outlook mail > "vibrate if my sound settings support it" - Enabled.)
  • set default maps app?
  • If I tap the brightness from the quick actions of the notification panel too quickly it will freeze my phone.

1. Under development but you can check in feedback app and upvote
2. Go to settings > system > notifications. check if mail notifications are enabled or not, and then change the notifications settings to include sound
3. not sure about this one
5. Not yet
6. After updating to .71, did you do a soft reset?
7. That's new to me. Is the stripe visible when playing on another device?

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I still dont get email sounds, confirmed my Email notifications are enabled... see my screenshots of my settings and the outlook mail app:

wp_ss_20160208_0001.jpgwp_ss_20160208_0002.jpg

Also i tried recording a video for you to see the weird stripe i was talking about... i think you might be on to something. i can see it on my phone screen when i play back the video. however i cant screenshot what i see, the stripe isnt there. Also, if i put it on the PC it looks just fine.

my wife and i both got Lumia 950s and both of us see that stripe, but only on the phone.. :/

Strange stuff.

Thanks for the help.

Cam

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I still dont get email sounds, confirmed my Email notifications are enabled... see my screenshots of my settings and the outlook mail app:

View attachment 121957View attachment 121958

Also i tried recording a video for you to see the weird stripe i was talking about... i think you might be on to something. i can see it on my phone screen when i play back the video. however i cant screenshot what i see, the stripe isnt there. Also, if i put it on the PC it looks just fine.

my wife and i both got Lumia 950s and both of us see that stripe, but only on the phone.. :/

Strange stuff.

Thanks for the help.

Cam

So with the notifications, did you check settings > notifications like I said before. What you've shown is the settings from the mail app itself

And with the stripe, try recording 1080p video and see what happens

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

• I don’t get notification sound on email
  • set default maps app?
check app update history:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/409045-apps-update-history.html

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The first screenshot i linked was from Settings > notifications, hence the gear in the upper left.

1080p works great.

also, thank you Peter Leung i see my update history there! great work-around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea