2 problems with Groove and the Photos app that seem to be unique to me

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
After searching around for answers, and trying Microsoft Answers, I still have no idea what's wrong.

So with Groove -

Every time I change songs it scrolls through the same title multiple times. It appears to switch between an offline and streaming version of the song. The same problem occurs whether I'm streaming or playing songs off the SD card. Here's a video to illustrate.

This problem only happens with Groove, other music players are fine. My guess is that it's account related. I recently did a hard reset to update the firmware and the same problem happened before and after the reset.

And with the Photos app -

It just never stops trying to sync. Here's another video to illustrate.

The sync icon just spins infinitely. Also, it doesn't sync the right folder. Instead of syncing just the pictures folder, it syncs every picture I have stored on OneDrive. Again, I think it's something account related. The app appears to be pulling photos from the Photo category on OneDrive.com instead of the pictures folder.

Any ideas what the problem might be or which department at Microsoft that I could talk to?

george404

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Same problem I have with Groove, don't know why, maybe because the music is stored on sd card....maybe some other reason...hope the devs from Microsoft/Windows 10 mobile, see this error.
As for the refresh from photos, mine stops after a couple of seconds

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, the Groove thing you mentioned is just a strange quirk with the app. There are plenty of posts about it in the Feedback app. No worries about that one :)

As for the photo app sync...that seems to be a local issue. Do you have a lot of photos - both on SD and in the cloud? It might be a network issue?

My sync icon spins for just a few seconds then stops. I don't add too many photos on a regular basis so my gallery is usually up to date.

I hope things get squared away for you :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No photos stored on the phone. They're all stored on OneDrive. And it tries to sync no matter what network I'm connected to.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
you're definitely not alone bro :p that's just how it is, beta software from corner to corner, have you had your taken pictures show up corrupted? every once in a while I notice the camera app gets pretty slow from shot to shot, then my phone just bsods and restarts, the pictures taken during that time all appear green-black

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Never had my pictures show up corrupted. Crazy how Microsoft separated core apps from the OS and all that did was create more problems. And at least Groove still receives updates and new features. I can't even remember the last time the photos app was updated.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
that's not even the worst, the messaging+skype one is just... no comment there... you know the bad thing is not that they want to change things and try to be fresh and new, its that they don't put resources into it anymore, if it had tons of focused devs on it it wouldn't matter how much they move things around, it would at least work

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster