Outlook Mail and Calendar Update

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I was updated to Outlook Mail and Calendar v. 17.6568.16902.0 today... after the update was complete I noticed that the order of my email accounts in Outlook Mail have changed -- rather randomly, it seems?

When I had the same update on desktop I also noticed the same issue. At the end of the day, I took that as a sign that the Windows 10 mail app might not be ready for prime time on desktop. Since I already have full Outlook on my desktop I just changed over to syncing via IMAP on Outlook on desktop...

...but it's still driving me crazy about the order of accounts changing on mobile. I can't find any way to change the order of accounts and Microsoft doesn't have much advice to offer either, other than wanting to remotely connect to see what is going on. This complaint seems to go back to the early days of Windows 10 -- but I'm surprised after 6+ months that there hasn't been some resolution on mobile or desktop.

Any thoughts?

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think they're ordered alphabetically. Maybe try renaming with "1.", "2.", etc to see if that works.
I just pin the accounts to my Start screen and order them the way I want, so that's not as much of an issue for me.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I tried that last night... I'm guessing that that changed between WM8.1 and WM10. They just stay in the same order. It is funny that they are in the initial order when I go to compose an email but not when I am viewing emails.

Right now I grouped all my inboxes together but I may also individually pin my accounts to start and change notifications so some less used accounts are silent. Still kicking it around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes