Preview build .107 changes, anyone?

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Installed the build as soon it was published but can't seem to find a difference, has anyone found anything? please reply with changes if you notice them

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Well, it killed my SD card, the date has been removed from the lumia 640xl glance screen, phone is slower, still reboots randomly, photos will not load in photo app from onedrive, outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day. In the process of restoring 86 apps back to my sd card. Fun stuff.

Microsoft is making it very easy for me to go back to android. w10m is a ******* mess. i cant belive they are selling lumia 950's with this horrid operating system. Windows phone 8.1 was perfect. They are killing windows phone.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day.

Unless I'm doing something different, my calendar looks to be working ok, switch between different views with no problem the version I'm running is 17.6568.16902.0

and I'm running an older 925

STORMY13

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm with mmar1074 and have none of the issues that Matt is having,

still have date and time on Glance
seems as fast if not a bit quicker than before
never had a random reboot
photos are loading from OneDrive no problem
Calendar is work as it should (same as mmar, latest version which updated this week)
no problem with the SD card

Only thing that I have is the Photo live tile doesn't show any pictures at the moment. This is on a 640 LTE.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, it killed my SD card, the date has been removed from the lumia 640xl glance screen, phone is slower, still reboots randomly, photos will not load in photo app from onedrive, outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day. In the process of restoring 86 apps back to my sd card. Fun stuff.

Microsoft is making it very easy for me to go back to android. w10m is a ******* mess. i cant belive they are selling lumia 950's with this horrid operating system. Windows phone 8.1 was perfect. They are killing windows phone.

Something is horribly wrong with your installation of the OS, not the OS itself. You should restore it and the problems you are writing about will be gone.

The 950-series has neither of these problems either.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
On my L950 I updated to .71 and since then have not had a single random reboot (knock on wood). I am reluctant now to rejoin the slow ring since my phone has stabilized nicely with .71. Anyone know what is the current situation regarding the recently announced firmware update for the L950? I am still waiting patiently here with an unlocked GB CV.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It was a effortless update as I let it do it automatically as I slept and the phone woke me up as normal the next AM with no clue it updated other than looking at the build number.

One thing however is the friggin bug in the PHOTO PICKER is still there after all these builds and all the feedback I have provided.

What I am talking about is when you go to attach a photo such as into facebook and it opens the photos app to select photos.
When holding the phone normally in portrait mode the photo picker will not select the photo I touch but another photo under that one, to the side etc. As if the touch mapping is off.
If I rotate the phone to landscape then it will correctly check the photos I am actually touching.

It does this randomly and it has done this with my Nokia Icon, Nokia 1520 and now my 950XL with each Windows 10 build.

Kind of a bummer that this bug has persisted this long.

Other bugs that are still persisting are such as when I am using the MyTube! App and go to leave a comment on a video. The keyboard will hide most of the text box!
I don?t know if that is something the app maker needs to update or what but it has persisted for a while since using Windows 10 builds.

Also when using the Edge browser the SWYPE key entry is screwed. Still.
If you swype a word the word appears then when you swype again no word appear and it moves one curser space to the right.
If I swype and then manually hit the space bar after each swiped word then I can continue to use swype input. Otherwise I have to just tap each letter.
Swype works normally in facebook apps and other apps. Like when you swype and let off, the word appears and the curser moves and you can swype the next word all without using the space key.
So that is a big bug in the Edge browser and kind of a bummer to see it last for several builds.

Otherwise I still love the Phone and OS a lot better than the iPhone I also carry that is provided by work.
I don?t know why iPhone is so popular. It sort of sucks.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre