email notifications not showing

jeff92k7

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly, my 1520 no longer shows email notifications in the action center (or whatever it is called when swiping down from the top of the screen). This seems to have just started yesterday afternoon. Now, if I want to see an email, I have to unlock my phone and go into the email app. I used to just be able to swipe down to see the notifications without unlocking my phone. I have rebooted my phone repeatedly, turned off and on notifications, turned of notifications, rebooted, then turned them back on, rebooted a few more times. Nothing is working.

My phone even updated to the latest fast ring build last night but the notifications are still not showing. What the heck happened? How do I get them back?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
My 635 has same issue.

Yesterday afternoon I re entered the fast ring from 8.1. Finished setting up about 6pm. I was getting notification last night. This morning my phone said a restart was scheduled, I let it restart. Phone acted like it was updating again, got gear and then screen with step one of twenty two.
Since that second update I no longer get email notification. My lock screen no longer shows weather either.

jeff92k7

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine seems to be working again...at least for one message so far. Of course, I rebooted again, reset the Outlook mail app, removed the live tile, and set it all back up again.
Hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. It seems I'm having more and more weird issues like this lately with Windows 10. I realize Win 10 mobile isn't fully released yet, but all my issues are with BASIC smartphone functionality. Things that should just work...like email notifications, or being able to send MMS by default for messages over 160 characters instead of breaking them up into multiple SMS messages.

Actionklaus

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Mine seems to be working again...at least for one message so far. Of course, I rebooted again, reset the Outlook mail app, removed the live tile, and set it all back up again.
Hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. It seems I'm having more and more weird issues like this lately with Windows 10. I realize Win 10 mobile isn't fully released yet, but all my issues are with BASIC smartphone functionality. Things that should just work...like email notifications, or being able to send MMS by default for messages over 160 characters instead of breaking them up into multiple SMS messages.

I ve the same problem. Do you know what of your steps solved the problem?

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Try going into your settings within Outlook and make sure the notifications are still checked.
My sound one turned off all of a sudden and took awhile for me to figure out that was what happened.
There are two locations for notifications, within the phone settings and within the app itself.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Try going into your settings within Outlook and make sure the notifications are still checked.
My sound one turned off all of a sudden and took awhile for me to figure out that was what happened.
There are two locations for notifications, within the phone settings and within the app itself.

My notifications setting in the email must have turned it self off during scheduled restart, as mine seems to work again.

oroslak

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 950. The only notifications that I now get in the action center are for text messages. Gmail, outlook.com, and outlook mail shows new emails on the live tiles, but there are no notifications for any new emails. I've gone into settings/notifications and clicked "on" for "Show notifications in the action center" for all of these.

This problem started with the last update to the mail app, a few days ago. I have turned the phone off and on again, but it hasn't fixed the problem

oroslak

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Any clues on how to fix this. No longer getting email notifications for Gmail or Outlook in the Action Center. Notifications are turned on. Still get text message notifications though. I use a Lumia 950, but I'm not an insider. This problem started when I downloaded the last Mail and Calendar app update a few days ago.

Anyone have a solution?

oroslak

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I tried unpinning the gmail tile from my start screen, and setting it up again. Now I can't create more than one mail tile. When I try to pin a new one to the start screen, it won't let me do it. WTF!

oroslak

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
As an update, removing the live tiles and then re-pinning them to the start screen seems to have fixed this problem, as suggested by Jeff92k7. I didn't have to reboot. Simply unpinning and re-pinning the tile restored email notifications for all my accounts. I only had to do this for one tile, as well.

oroslak

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Update: ok, so now email notifications are showing in the action center, but they have disappeared from the lock screen.

What the hell?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Mine too. I also lost my weather lock screen when I was messing around and can't get it back on lock screen. I have the Bing lock screen with weather as detail. Phone, message, email and calendar as notification. Now once in a while I get temp, but nothing else other than time on the lock screen.

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I've tried everything suggested in this thread but I still cannot get email notifications to work on glance screen or lock screen. All other notifications are coming through just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo