Phones working well with Win10 mobile

LilithElina

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820 with horrible battery life, which had problems with 8.1 and now also with the win10 slow ring preview. Battery life is horrible, and since the latest firmware and app updates to my Microsoft Band 2, the communication between the two devices has been highly unreliable.

Since there were many instances over the last year or so when I was unhappy with my old 820, I'm thinking of finally getting a new phone. But I don't know which one! It shouldn't be too expensive (definitely no 950), but still run Win10 and connect with my Band without the battery giving out after a few hours. Do you have any recommendations? (I'm in Germany, by the way.)

LilithElina

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I was thinking about that one (the 640, not the 640 XL, that's simply too big to be phone). I read somewhere that battery life wasn't good with Win10, though...

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Battery life on my 640LTE is about 2.2 days right now. It's been stable enough to be a daily driver since I got it and installed 10586.29. I've not had any major issues with any of the builds since then, and the .107 build has fixed at least a half-dozen or so smaller issues I had noticed. I can and have recommended the 640 to friends and family, and so far they are all happy with the insider builds.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll try to be concise, I have 2 phones: 930 and the 925 it replaced.

930, tried it up to .71, rolled back:
  • Camera quality was awful, video sound quality downgraded too, no surround sound or stereo sound support.
  • Mostly fast, but inconsistent performance, had several random reboots.
  • Battery life around 30% worse at best, barely got through the day with light use, phone got hot for no reason.
  • Bluetooth sync issues with car
  • Wifi sharing was a hit and miss.

925, .107:
  • Slow at mostly anything, pauses at loading/resuming even for the phone app.
  • Camera quality downgraded, just like on the 930.
  • Won't get through one day without a charge, gets burning hot.
  • LTE, Bluetooth car sync, wifi hotspot not working for some reason.
  • No reboots so far.

Both of my phones work fine on 8.1.

Is it me or the SD400 powered phones seem to be running better on 10 than the rest? I read mostly good impressions on those phones, but not so much on the flagships or older dual core ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs