Critical phone experience breaking battery level bug on builds of 10586

windobuddies625

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting 984mw - 591mw charge rate... That's bad right? Current battery is 84%. Coz i too face the same discharge problem snd battery jumps to 100% while charging.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Been there, done that. You have a bad battery. Just replace it and you're gold again. Cost less than 20 bucks. I replaced the one in my 1520 and I can get 2 days and some change per charge light to medium use. 3 days with light use meaning just phone, texting and some web. Don't know what to tell you about other phones but this is what resolved my issue.

My L1520 is now exhibiting all of the same failures reported here with constant shutting down with apparently high charge levels.
Where did you buy the Nokia BV-4BW replacement battery?

My last phone was an iPhone 5 that I bought in 2012, I have recently given this to my daughter and we've noticed that the battery on that phone is also behaving similarly, however Apple has a program to replace it for free. I went into the Microsoft flagship store and asked if they could help me with my Lumia battery and the manager's response was that I should contact Nokia Care (which simply redirects to Microsoft) or that I was always free to buy a new phone!!! ha ha ha!

terence chan

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My L1520 is now exhibiting all of the same failures reported here with constant shutting down with apparently high charge levels.
Where did you buy the Nokia BV-4BW replacement battery?

My last phone was an iPhone 5 that I bought in 2012, I have recently given this to my daughter and we've noticed that the battery on that phone is also behaving similarly, however Apple has a program to replace it for free. I went into the Microsoft flagship store and asked if they could help me with my Lumia battery and the manager's response was that I should contact Nokia Care (which simply redirects to Microsoft) or that I was always free to buy a new phone!!! ha ha ha!

I talk about it in this thread.

terence chan

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
This thread is getting long.....
So, to sum up the situation here, there are three possible explanation to the problem encountered here:
1. The battery is old and is over its recharge lifecycle
2. The OS battery level agent is bugged and not reporting accurate battery level in case of unstable battery voltage under load
3. The OS has bug regarding charging of the battery and is cut current supply to the battery pack before it was fully charged.....

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I was having a similar issue with my 1520 long story short it was indeed the battery and after replacement I am happy to report I am getting 18-24 hours out of build .107 with moderate use on my 1520. My old battery was pushing over two years old.

terence chan

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
The problem is.....
How I can obtain the screen guard for separating the back cover from the screen unit and how I can obtain the heat spreader afterwards?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
ummm.... How am I supposed to disassemble a 1520 myself for the battery, that's the question.
Its easier than you think. If you've ever removed a Speck case, you're already know how to remove the back of a 1520. There is a tiny single screw between the sim cards you have to remove but once removed, not a big deal.
Here is a slightly better video for the job. Up until the 3:00 mark, they are removing the battery. This video is about replacing the screen but what you need ends about 3 minutes in.

henry-c-n

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Correction. Battery drain became severe again, so I switched back to 8.1 and all is fine. It is not a battery problem on my phone but a software issue.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Its easier than you think. If you've ever removed a Speck case, you're already know how to remove the back of a 1520. There is a tiny single screw between the sim cards you have to remove but once removed, not a big deal.
Here is a slightly better video for the job. Up until the 3:00 mark, they are removing the battery. This video is about replacing the screen but what you need ends about 3 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLlJvQge_k

I changed my battery today using this ^ link. It was very easy to do.
When I rebooted the phone, around 9:30am the battery showed 63%, now at 5:45pm the battery still has 55% (although I have not really used the phone today at all, but before the old battery would drain even with out using it.)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I changed my battery today using this ^ link. It was very easy to do.
When I rebooted the phone, around 9:30am the battery showed 63%, now at 5:45pm the battery still has 55% (although I have not really used the phone today at all, but before the old battery would drain even with out using it.)

It is what I used as well. When I finished the install, I used it until I got the alert at 6 percent remaining. I put it on the charger and went to bed. Grabbed it before I left for work. 100 percent. When I got home, 87 percent. Only texting, syncing email and about 7 phone calls.

terence chan

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I think I am close to finding out the cause of this problem.
I know this may be the battery itself getting old. However, this just cannot explain why this phenomenon was not occurring in 8.1 but only in 10. Therefore, it is likely it is the problem of the software instead of the hardware.
The battery level had been pretty much stable recently with some ordinary use. However, I notice that there is high drain with the facebook app itself, including the beta version. And most of the force shut down occurred while I was browsing facebook. I highly suspect the windows 10 version of the fb app is the cause here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith